Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking the same thing. With MaxP being so low on a monthly expiration, I can see it giving up a few more dollars before the end of the day if the macros don't turn around.

Based on yesterday's closing open interest, Opricot pegs MaxPain for TSLA options expiring today at $247.5: Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain

However a cursory inspection of today's option activity appears to point to $260 as a more reasonable target for market makers and hedge funds to protect the premiums on the options they've written. Of course this could change as the session progresses. Much will depend on TSLA trading volume. So far today it is light, which enhances the ability to manipulate.

For what its worth, Ihor has short covering going on as the stock has risen.
ihors3 said:
$TSLA short int is $8.81bn; 33.64mm shs shorted; 23.84% of float, 0.63% fee. Shs shorted down -4.98mm shs,-13%, over last 30 days as price rose +7% & down-1.58mm shs,-4.5%, last week. Shorts up +$1.76bn in YTD mark-to-market profits but down -$739mm in Oct. including +$85mm today
Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

Here I am spending my hard earned money installing solar, buying EV's, and converting house to all electric. Then someone does something like above and makes a mockery of all our efforts.
Me too. Many of us in fact. Although this is nothing new really, at times it is most disheartening.
We WILL prevail. In our lifetimes at least, the sun will never stop shining; so why should we?
Thanks for all your efforts towards propelling the cause forward Gene. Please keep up the good work. Always.

Here I am spending my hard earned money installing solar, buying EV's, and converting house to all electric. Then someone does something like above and makes a mockery of all our efforts.

On the plus side, the days of Quatar being able to throw money out of the window (almost literally) and making global warming worse are probably numbered ...

Plus your efforts aren't in vein at all: without you it would be even worse. So please keep it up and don't be disheartened by fools, idiots, crooks and criminals.

On the plus side, the days of Quatar being able to throw money out of the window (almost literally) and making global warming worse are probably numbered ...

Plus your efforts aren't in vein at all: without you it would be even worse. So please keep it up and don't be disheartened by fools, idiots, crooks and criminals.
Add to that; Uncaring, greedy bastards.:mad:

Wait... how about "SpaceX Buys Tesla"?

Quite possible once Starlink is up and running, if Musk is willing to slow his Mars ambitions a bit. The global internet access market is worth $1T annually - with large swaths of the planet still unconnected or underconnected. SpaceX will be a cash-printing machine even if they just get a small fraction of it.

Last edited:
NASDAQ-100 down; TSLA's morning move is well explained by the macros times TSLA's Beta (it's volatility multiplier).
Cheers!
Wow, tracking it closely in fact.
So there is every opportunity with low volume in TSLA to manipulate like mad... why isnt that happening? Must be a decision to wait, gather info, fire based on ER scenarios.

Sun going down on the Nürburgring, and the weather is nice but the track is IMO not dry enough, according to the webcam image:

snap_c1.jpg

Note the wet pavement, and this is in one of the high speed straights.

Edit:

webcam_02.jpg

First webcam isn't updating it seems - but this second one is, and road conditions seem better.

Last edited: