Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
261DECBA-3B65-40DD-BEDA-7710A76334A4.png
40FBFAA1-7DF5-4BC3-92E3-C6D50035D4A1.png
1308D99B-F6CA-44ED-8D38-41617DF216E8.png
VW ID3

I'm not sure Texas would work. They would have to physically ship them out of Texas to sell them in Texas! :rolleyes:
I believe Tesla would insist that a Texas deal would need to include changing the law to allow sales.

I suspect Tesla will stick close to home for GF5. Southern Nevada or AZ, someplace with a good labor supply, cooperative government, and relatively close to their CA and NV locations.

Reactions: SpaceCash
To: Boss Short

Boss, here are the Shortsville Times Headlines for tomorrow.

Tesla factory in Germany to be built in record time. Seven to eight years.

Airport lays claim to land being built on by Tesla.

Tesla to sell 5 billion in stock to finance new factory.

Too many WW2 bombs found on Tesla proposed building site.

I'm sure we can come up with a few more before the markets open.

Sincerely
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

I'm not sure Texas would work. They would have to physically ship them out of Texas to sell them in Texas! :rolleyes:
If the Texas Automobile Dealers Association didn’t have their talons buried so deep into the state legislature, Texas might not be that bad. The wind, solar and natural gas energy providers should welcome the new market EV expansion would represent. Austin would be the natural location for factory/design center.

Market makers gonna get burnt by another $10-15 this week I would imagine? It's been a revelation following this thread and watching SP get pummeled around(mostly down) to meet max pain targets. Is there anything they can do to avoid this repeated beating or does volatility just naturally hurt the business?

Normally the MM's make money on volatility. But this isn't volatility, it's a bull run.

Wow - exciting times to hold a completely unbalanced amount of Tesla stock.

I suspect this is going to jump start the EV industry in Germany, but for the most part I still think German auto is ****ed.

They are just never going to be able to compete on the software front, or the vertical integration/design iteration side of Tesla.
Germany is co-opting their adversary. Pull them in, make them part of us. With a little bit of "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And the many German auto parts suppliers will have a new customer to enable some to stay in business. And Tesla will be at the table as part of the German industry with German engineers, managers, designers and other employees even as they remain somewhat of an outsider. BMW is still screwed, but this is very good for Germany and German industry.

I'm glad to hear he's got security. That's a positive learning from your stalking.

It's a given that he has security. That said, I'm not sure it's adequate given the importance of EM to the world and the amount of oil money and auto money on the line. He should really have better security than our current President because the risk is higher.

1.) Elon Musk in Berlin

2.) Announcing the Gigafactory 4 in Germany

3.) The open overtures between Elon Musk on Twitter and Herbert Diess (Volkswagen CEO) lately and now on screen.

Watch (@43:28 Gigafactory announcement - @45:00 talking to H.Diess):

4.) Winnning the "Goldenes Lenkrad" - > Winning a price from the biggest "news" provider in Germany, with heavy advertising from the industry
and then in this category! Chosen over Bmw 3 series and Audi A4. That is huge!

Winner in the middle and upper class: Tesla Model 3
Google Übersetzer

5.) Maybe there is more in the works.

This needs some days to digest, but, man...

I watched the video to see Elon’s announcement and was immediately captivated by some of the body language (since my grasp of German is so poor). Enjoyed the interaction between Herbert Diess and Elon at the award time, but then I scrolled forward to catch the interaction between them at the end which was mentioned up thread.

Looking at the feed between 1:19:30 and 1:21:06. That 1.5 minute span shows Elon first approached by (if I’m not mistaken) the representative of BMW. Was that Kruger? Anyway he is shortly joined by Diess, and the three of them have a very animated conversation for a little over a minute. Clearly It was a compelling moment. I suspect intense interest, lurking realignments, new strains of competition, also collaboration. How will they deal with this new and growing quickly presence in German Auto Manufacturing?

Looking at the whole room, it’s clear that Elon has people’s attention in Germany.
Important detail, emphasized by Elon: Tesla will not only build a factory, but also a Design Center, in Berlin!
For Germany, just as he said in China, he wants their best engineers, and they will develop their own work there!
German manufacture for Tesla will begin with Model Y! Expect German engineered Tesla cars in the future…

We know how Elon attracts talent. Do you think a few (likely young) engineers are going to want to work there?
Once again, Elon’s moves are transformational. He has had Germany in his sights since the beginning. German companies are already a significant part of Tesla’s success. Tesla has patiently built out the supercharger network, service, etc even as Tesla’s German sales have relatively lagged. Now this is a major turn around moment.

It will be hard to believe if this is not another HUGE catalyst for TSLA.

Last edited:
Another good thing about GF4, soon wont have to hear all the shorties gibberish about homogoblinisation for every new model. (Yes I know the spelling is probably wrong, sue me)
The only reason for me to sue you would be were I to have created that word first.
Since, sadly, I did not, all I can do is give you an award for creativity. Love it!

Last update:

Saw Elon 10 meters from us. Politely asked the security if we could take a picture, they said no. We left him alone. On the one hand super awesome to see him up close, on the other hand a bit disappointing to be so close and then not get a picture. Oh well, next time.

These are the only really crappy pictures I took when he left.
Practicing your pointillism I see.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Lex Fridman just put out another AI interview of Elon Musk:

Great interview. Elon seemed to hold back on giving autonomy a deadline knowing how Lex believes we are still far off. But in the skepticism or difficulties that Lex believes plagues FSD, Elon gave a Rosey picture of FSD and chose to discuss its simplicities. Even compared a future of autonomy to Grand Theft Auto traffic.