Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finding the Trading 212 app to be really good - no complaints with it at all so far. Fast transactions, fee free and works brilliantly. This is my first ever foray into stocks so I'm learning a lot!! (or example, don't buy at the peak of a stock surge! )

Fine, I'll join the club. :)
Screenshot_20200904-063951.png

Sellers were waiting to hammer stocks across the board, especially tech.

Big money might be deciding that the party is over.

Options Friday are hard to figure in the end, but bulls would like to see push back for confirmation that we are not going into free fall and everyone quits buying the dip. Let’s see.

Mid BB Smash!!!! Let's hope we get that standard sweet sweet bounce.

Yep it wouldn't be a normal day for Tesla if we did not hit mid BB before a bounce lol. Amazing how they were able to run it down from 428 to 390(9% swing in a matter of minutes). Just normal and honest market action I'm sure.

Second round of S&P front running is about to start in earnest or maybe a plan to take TSLA down further?

Sellers were waiting to hammer stocks across the board, especially tech.

Big money might be deciding that the party is over.

Options Friday are hard to figure in the end, but bulls would like to see push back for confirmation that we are not going into free fall and everyone quits buying the dip. Let’s see.

Most tech stocks hit or smashed through mid BB today and with puts options in the money. You would think MM will help the environment on the back of good job reports.

You are talking about checks as in checkbooks? Like I vaguely remember using back in the 1990s before it was forgotten? Why on earth would someone use those these days? o_O

I believe checks are still used in the US today. When I lived there 5 yeas ago it was still common to use physical checks. For example, our bank (PNC) could not even transfer the sum for our rent to our land-lord who also used PNC electronically, so we had to go to the bank to drop off a check at the bank every month! I know, so old-fashioned!

In Sweden we stopped using checks decades ago and now we have practically stopped using cash. (Beware of traveling to Sweden without a credit card or you may end up not being able to pay for dinner or gas at the gas-station (saw this happening just this summer to a tourist).) VISA and MC works almost everywhere in Sweden, but Increasingly people use an mobile app instead of credit cards: “Swish”, which is a joint venture by the major banks that enables direct transfer of money using just your mobile phone number. Really smooth. In fact the easiest way to pay my car was to use Swish directly to the dealership (not a Tesla unfortunately).

If only Elon hadn’t been bought out from PayPal I am sure the US would have made the transition to e-payments sooner. But hey, then Tesla or we wouldn’t be here today...

By the way, finance and Banking seems like another oligopoly ripe for disruption, not only evidenced by the experiences from many here in relation to the stock-split. Maybe this will be next for Tesla after insurance? Who knows?

Last edited:
Can't say I understand what the market is doing. Vaccine will happen this year. It looked like we might do ok for the day but everything took a dump.

I believe checks are still used in the US today. When I lived there 5 yeas ago it was still common practice to use a physical checks. In fact, our bank (PNC) could not even transfer the sum for our rent to our land-lord who also used PNC electronically, so we had to go to the bank to drop off a check at the bank every month! I know, so old-fashioned!
Yes. Still required in some instances. I hate them.

Reactions: scaesare
  • Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67