Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the post I quoted in my message that you thought was inappropriate. I think me and Bet TSLA have come to an understanding though since I have clarified that I am only risking $200
No harm no foul....we're here for the gains and mission. Hope your bet works out and you get to buy more whisky. I personally recommend a Hibiki 21 if you've never had one.

Reactions: Tslynk67
Expect the S&P 500 Announcement press release at exactly 5:15 PM EDT today:

upload_2020-9-4_13-19-4.png

https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/d...34253624lopeleaUntFtr.pdf?force_download=true

Drumroll, please:

If Tesla gets added, I'm going to quote that part of it with a link to the rest since it is a non-copyrighted press release. If Tesla does not get added, I'm going to play Fortnite and kill some avatars! :mad:

Last edited:
I literally spent $200 buying 50 contracts. If you consider risking $200 ignorant and reckless then we don't have much to talk about. If you want, you can take the other side of the trade since you seem so sure that my side of the trade is ignorant and reckless. You'll either be $200 richer or infinity poorer.

IMO, here is an unlikely, but worst possible scenario for your calls, based on your assumption that the calls will be exercised if S&P inclusion is announced:

1. S&P Inclusion announced, your calls exercise. You are ecstatic to be on the hook for $9mil worth of stock valued at... $10mil
2. Over the weekend, Elon Musk's FSD prototype Tesla drives off a cliff. His body is nowhere to be found.
3. Monday morning, due to events of the weekend, TSLA stock drops to $200. You have $4mil worth of stock, and owe $9mil worth based on Friday call execution

IMO, here is an unlikely, but worst possible scenario for your calls, based on your assumption that the calls will be exercised if S&P inclusion is announced:

1. S&P Inclusion announced, your calls exercise. You are ecstatic to be on the hook for $9mil worth of stock valued at... $10mil
2. Over the weekend, Elon Musk's FSD prototype Tesla drives off a cliff. His body is nowhere to be found.
3. Monday morning, due to events of the weekend, TSLA stock drops to $200. You have $4mil worth of stock, and owe $9mil worth based on Friday call execution
2. His body is nowhere to be found because the car was driving itself and he's back in the lab :p:D:p:D:p

I rated it informative because you do highlight a real (however extremely unlikely) potential risk, if I am not able to sell the shares AH.

Edit: If we end up above $460 before 5:30 EDT I will certainly let you all know how things go down with the broker and the position.

I'm getting my bike ready and putting on sunscreen. Going on a short bike ride at 5:16 EDT to zone out and think about how rich I am, or to stew over how much I F'ed up by not taking profits on Monday....
That's a good idea....however, i will stew over how much time i wasted watching that GJ 'debate'....:)

I have a request... can we please start moderating ourselves a little more? It is obviously too much work for the moderators. There are way too many "joke" posts and other nonsense to keep up with. Even the informational posts often get repeated several times because most of us can't catch up to the latest post before posting.

So far, I have only "ignored" people who repeatedly post FUD or are very annoying. For my own sanity, I may have to start ignoring people just because they post too much.

The weekly 420 options (both call and put) at the end of the day were trading at crazy values. 2 min before close, the 420 put still had bid and ask between $5 - $6. I tried to sell a naked put at $5.7 2 min before close but it was not filled and I cancelled it in about 1 min. I examined the time and sales data after market close and the data didn't make any sense. Stock closed at 418.32 but the last trade on the 420 put was $7.80. The intrinsic value should have been $1.80. The last trades on the 420 Calls were in the $5 to $7 range and the intrinsic value should have been 0. Can someone explain this?