Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, but you have to have your "legal proxy" to send in to that email address. Getting that, which is mailed to you, is what took me about a week to receive. Here is what ProxyVote mailed me when I requested the legal proxy. (Which you do by saying you want to vote your shares in person.)

View attachment 588067

Essentially you are trading in your ProxyVote control number for a Computershare control number.

No. The ProxyVote control number won't get you anywhere, you need the legal proxy document. (For one thing the ProxyVote control number doesn't indicate the number shares you can vote, the legal proxy document does.)

Note: One consequence of doing this is that you can't vote your shares in advance of the meeting. You have to vote them at/during the virtual shareholder meeting.
Okay, but I voted my shares through my broker, and obtained my control number for said shares on-line as the number is in the voting form. I then sent that control number to computershare (today), and thought that would be enough to get their control number for the meeting, not to vote my already voted shares, but for what I hope will be a better streaming service (less viewers?) and for the right to submit questions.

I see (now) where the wording suggests sending in the "legal proxy" form letter that you posted as being required. If so, then yes, I agree, it's probable too late to start now. :( We'll see.

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd and dc_h
No. The ProxyVote control number won't get you anywhere, you need the legal proxy document. (For one thing the ProxyVote control number doesn't indicate the number shares you can vote, the legal proxy document does.)

Note: One consequence of doing this is that you can't vote your shares in advance of the meeting. You have to vote them at/during the virtual shareholder meeting.

I'm new to this CV-19 virtual shareholder meeting stuff but it seems like you are complicating things uneccessarily. Either you plan to attend the virtual meeting "officially" (in which case you could change your vote, just as you could at a real meeting) or you won't attend the virtual meeting officially.

I guess what I'm not clear on is whether you can view the virtual meeting without registering (but not "attend" in a virtual capacity)..

The media seems pretty muted about B Day which is great.

You expect them to talk about BD? :) They even ignore the obvious of TSLA up >9%. Headline from CNBC below: ORCL up 4%, NVDA up 6%. They even talked about NKLA up 6%. TSLA was not mentioned.

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Oracle, Nvidia, Immunomedics, Overstock & more

You expect them to talk about BD? :) They even ignore the obvious of TSLA up >9%. Headline from CNBC below: ORCL up 4%, NVDA up 6%. They even talked about NKLA up 6%. TSLA was not mentioned.

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Oracle, Nvidia, Immunomedics, Overstock & more
I wish for them to keep ignoring TSLA and B Day all together. One of the cornerstones of my investment thesis in TSLA is that, whatever the idiots do, I'll do the opposite. Obviously CNBC is one of the biggest and most vocal idiots out there; its deliberate ignorance brings me great comfort.

Wow, Overstock was $2.67 in March, today $72. That's a 27X return.

And yet everyone focuses on Tesla's "meteoric rise" these past 6 months ;-)

I notice that TSLA is up 5% today. Worst day ever was down $88. Then bounced back $36. Now another $19. Only $33 more to go.

Not that anybody wants to talk about anything having to do with TSLA or Tesla.
And today TSLA has broken back over $400. Now over $407, which means only another $11 to get back to $418. TSLA has recovered 88% of its precipitous drop in three and a half trading days. Volatility R US!

That logic does not make sense. Most of Wall St. doesn't include Transportation As A Service and yet Ark includes that in some of their models. Couldn't they do the same and include the Energy opportunity in some of their more bullish models? Not including energy based on that reasoning is just plain inconsistent.
I think you don't understand ARK. For one thing, it is a very small company. 25 people are mentioned in their "about us" page, including the admin assistant. They have analysts dedicated to the disruptive technologies they invest in. One of the reasons TSLA is in a couple of their funds is because they recognize that Tesla is disruptive in multiple fields. BUT, they don't have a fund that invests in energy, so they don't have an analyst capable of including Tesla Energy in their estimates. Simple, honest.

I wish for them to keep ignoring TSLA and B Day all together. One of the cornerstones of my investment thesis in TSLA is that, whatever the idiots do, I'll do the opposite. Obviously CNBC is one of the biggest and most vocal idiots out there; its deliberate ignorance brings me great comfort.
Completely agree.
And what’s more, screw the S&P 500.
Tesla will make out just fine without any help from the good old boys.

Yup, I much prefer this $35 move to that old-fashioned $175 move. That was so 10 days ago...

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-09-14.13-05.png

Cheers!