Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anybody hasn't read the book, Internal Combustion, please do. It's a book I go back to over and over when I forget pieces of it and I'm reading the GM chapter again. It talks about how GM took over the electricity rail lines by using front companies, one by one, city by city, to first push gas buses, and then eventually their cars. I forgot what a crooked company GM has always been.
Since so many people found this informative, here's another little tid bit as I'm reading. I bet most know that the interstates were created as a defense measure during the Cold War (National System of Interstate Defense Highways), but did you know:

The secretary of defense marshaling the great new highway expansion was Charles Wilson, who from 1941 to 1952 had served as president of GM.

Bluntly asked if he could make a decision in the country's interest that was contrary to GM's interest, Wilson shot back with his famous comment - "I cannot conceive of one because for years I thought what was good for our country was good for General Motors, and vica versa. The difference did not exist. Our company is too big."

This book is filled with a plethora of information like this. I highly value it as one of the best teachings on my way to learning how much our society has been controlled. That's one of the reason I support Tesla - putting the power back into the hands of the individual with EV, solar, battery storage.

Last edited:
For weeks on end this entire year, people here have accurately predicted the closing share price on Fridays........for weeks.

I would like to see the actual data on this. I believe it is mostly confirmation bias with selective memory. I'm sure some weeks yes it has been predicted accurately. But if I remember correctly as recently as last week people were predicting a close around max pain of 382, but it ended at just over 370 (I remember this well because I had sold puts at 370).

I've been thinking there's a good chance this will be unveiled on Battery Day.

I think Elon was really upset about how Autonomy Day was received and is going to go all out to make sure Battery Day blows the roof off. Aside from that Battery Day will have the world's attention so it makes sense to unveil as much as possible at that time.

I think Plaid Model S/(X?) with interior refresh unveil is a sure thing, which no analysts/media seem to be expecting.

I don't think we'll see much of the usual short attack after Battery Day, not with P/D report coming 10 days later and the sword of s&p hanging over their heads.

I would like to see the actual data on this. I believe it is mostly confirmation bias with selective memory. I'm sure some weeks yes it has been predicted accurately. But if I remember correctly as recently as last week people were predicting a close around max pain of 382, but it ended at just over 370 (I remember this well because I had sold puts at 370).

Sorry but I'm not going to spend my day going back through weekly posts. I'm sure there's enough people on this board that clearly remember the trading action throughout the months of April, May, June, where the closing price on Fridays was accurately predicted many times. Sometimes 2-3 weeks in a row.

Waiting to see updates from Tuesday before I decide on a Performance 3 or a Plaid S. ;-) So maybe I can report back soon...

I'm also waiting for battery day before deciding on my next tesla. Have a reservation for the cybertruck but considering getting a base awd model y to replace my 2013 p85+ as a holdover.

I went to test drive a model y on both the 7th and 14th of this month at the Kierland showroom in Scottsdale. Both times, there was only a Model Y in the show room. It is a small location so I didn't think anything of that but there is another anecdotal data point.

Also have to consider how hard it is to predict correctly where the stock would close that week. For example, you won't get an award for predicting that Berkshire Hathaway stock will close around $220 this week.

Also the "max pain" level changes over time. I think it makes sense to me that quite aside from any manipulation, market makers would write puts and calls in a way that very roughly converges with the SP into expiration.

Not sure where the 5498 speculation is coming from, but this is interesting:

https://twitter.com/LimitingThe/status/1306348446870200320?s=20

My mind is already blown. I predicted 4070. If the cell is 5498ish then HolyS***. This has implications throughout the entire manufacturing stack and for performance specs...

EDIT: Nevermind, found the source of the speculation...

https://twitter.com/_BRCooper/status/1306148483498422272

@LimitingThe
@BatteryBulletin
Keep in mind this is my speculation, but here’s what I think we’re looking at. This thing is huge. Assuming the 054 printed on the side is the diameter, it’s about 54x98 – or about 10x the volume of a 2170.

Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank issued Battery Day previews today.

Credit Suisse raises their price target from $280 to $400.
Deutsche Bank raises their price target from $300 to $400.

View attachment 588810
View attachment 588811
I know it affects the SP....but i could care less what those leeches think.
They are "upgrading" the SP because they want to look less foolish than they already do.

The world is moving beyond these fools..
And none to quick.

ARK didn’t sell any TSLA today. FYI

63A886B8-7F94-4647-84BE-C89051F21240.jpeg

I just freed up a pretty good sized chunk of dry powder and want to add to my TSLA position for the long term (no options, just shares). Would you guys and gals recommend still getting in with this $440-$450 range before battery day, or wait for a buying opportunity with an possible drop after BD?
What's a good sized chunk? I ask because even though you want to maximize your powder, a few dollars difference in the SP isn't going to matter if you're gonna HODL.

Pretty much because in a small community like this it's easy to promote conspiracy theories. Personally, I give no credence to these constant cries of "manipulation!!!". Perhaps if people were just as vocal on fast moves up on no news then I'd believe they weren't just being paranoid. But as it stands, when the stock price goes down it's manipulation and when it goes up it's just doing what it's supposed to do.

The truth is that apart from anything else, it's a great indicator for people who need to go on ignore. Cuts down on the noise.
Then I am right! And I believe it is manipulated. I think the people selling contracts can do whatever the hell they want "most" of the time. The reason? They swing it up and down to make the people that buy the calls and puts the false look of the stock price doing what they think it will. And then the same people manipulate it back to MaxPain to pull ALL the option money to them.
They just don't plug in their bot and have it buy and sell (to itself)to manipulate the SP. They look at what the market is doing and possibly what it could do and they play the Manipulation from there.
UP
and
DOWN.
They even have scenarios in place for things like battery day. I consider they have the SUPER BOWL deciding computer and they do 10,000 simulations on each possibility. Not the octopus picking a crab out of a Bottle.
I do not know how they can do it, especially maintain the stockpile of shares, but they keep surprising me.
My avatar photo is an ant farm because I feel like we are all ants in an ant farm, and the MM's are a 4th grader who sometimes feeds and waters the ants, and sometimes whacks the side to get the sand to cave in the tunnels.
All we can do is be ants.... and ants are best at HODL.
One day I hope we are set free, but living in the TSLA Ant Farm has been better for us than 99.999% of the ants in other ant farms and those that are free.
WE ARE ALL ANTS.

Not sure where the 5498 speculation is coming from, but this is interesting:

https://twitter.com/LimitingThe/status/1306348446870200320?s=20

EDIT: Nevermind, found the source of the speculation...

https://twitter.com/_BRCooper/status/1306148483498422272

I'm feeling very confident that cell is real because:

1) Elon hasn't denied it. He's always quick to deny rumors that would falsely raise expectations.
2) Nobody has identified what else that cell could be, and I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of making a fake cell just to mislead everyone.

were created as a defense measure

That was released, if memory serves, as a rationale after the fact of the bill. Since my Dad was in the heavy construction industry, we were glad. Also glad for Thule since he arranged purchase of all the equipment needed for construction by what I presume to have been a joint venture. He said of Thule, "It is a dagger pointed at the heart of Russia."

• Informative
Reactions: 1101011
Bubba,
When a stock swings 20% in a week and it is normal being within .03% of a target is nailing it. And you cherry-picked a time when it was off by more than a couple of bucks.
So yeah, Think a little.

Reactions: Sudre
No, Elon ignores 99.999% of all rumors. You know this because otherwise he would be denying rumors 24/7.

Where do people get these strange ideas? And why do they post about them here? Just bizarre.

It's not just a rumor. Electrek reported on it this morning and they say they verified it with another source. Elon would have squashed this by now if it was false (unless the actual cell is even bigger I guess).

First look at Tesla's new battery cell produced in-house with Roadrunner - Electrek