Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it seems that this you tuber was the driver for the Model S Plaid. On the description he wrote "next stop at the Nürburgring"

As an old motorcycle guy, I always loved the sound of the engine accelerating (before Tesla). Now, there is nothing better than the whine of that Model S charging out of those corners.

I poured a beer and sat on my couch and watched on YouTube. At several points, I cheered at my TV. Then I fell into giggles as I realized how ****ed ICE are.

I'm a 40-something year old man and I sat alone giggling like a little kid.

It was fantastic.
My cheers turned into beeps as the show went on.
Something that I loved was said and I would say "beep beep beep beep beep...". It was kind of weird. Glad there was no one around to hear it. ;)

To be clear, I agree 100%. But we are doing this forum a disservice by at least not sharing and/or discussing his view.
Bob's view included the specific statement that the battery day announcements were just incremental improvements. What we saw was the exact opposite of that: completely new approaches to a variety of problems. The guy has no clue what's happening.

Bob's view included the specific statement that the battery day announcements were just incremental improvements. What we saw was the exact opposite of that: completely new approaches to a variety of problems. The guy has no clue what's happening.

Yeah, pretty comical and typical of an old engineer, concerned about assigning credit for who did what first, crowing about the constellation of startups in the battery space, etc. As far as I can tell, while he gives us a history lesson at his beach house (guessing that based on the pillow behind him lmao) TSLA is working 24/7, attracting the best young talent, and making massive capital investments to make this future actually happen.

Am I in some sort of twilight universe???

The very first thing they showed off was the new cell. Besides listing the improvements, everything else is in that article is incorrect.

"Tesla's much-hyped “Battery Day” failed to impress or deliver, among other things, a newer, cheaper, longer-range battery.

CEO Elon Musk laid out plans to produce a cheaper, lower-cost battery, build a $25,000 electric car and eventually produce 20 million vehicles a year - but not until 2023."

WTF???

1 - They showed off the actual cell and took people on a tour of the production line

2 - They said they'll be at 10 GW in 12 months..........how did they come up with 2023?

How do you get basic facts that wrong?

Last edited:
Did they legalize drugs in Germany?

View attachment 591346
Believe it or not, but that (Tesla using the VW MEB platform) is very commonly suggested in the European car press recently. They still believe that VW has better mass production experience than Tesla. Now if you know what Tesla is doing, it’s clear that it will be just the opposite, certainly in a couple of years. It just shows how disconnected the press is from the Tesla story.

Yeah it was completely condescending to all the engineers who worked their ass off to get the physics to work. Bob was essentially saying as a scientist, physics exist and it works like how they got it to work, I didn't see any that's witchcraft that was beyond the realm of physics.

Gordon wants Tesla to use elements beyond the periodic table to be impressed, and Bob wants Tesla to turn wine into water or bust.

What do you LEAP pros think of Jan 2023 $390? Do you recommend going more OTM or ITM?

I'm no LEAP pro, but my personal preference is to buy LEAPS about 30% OTM and let them go ITM over time.

The leverage is less once they're ITM, but the risk diminishes greatly too, which makes for better sleep at night.

Not to mention increased charging speed. 6x power = should be an improvement at superchargers as well. They didn't say "oh yeah you can charge in 5-10 min now". Limited by cable cooling at this point, no?

Power is 6X, but Energy is 5X. So it can receive energy 6X faster than a 2170, but because it holds 5X as much, it only speeds up by 1.2X.

So an 80 kWh Model 3 sized Pack would be able to charge at 300 kW or 20% faster.

A 130 kWh Plaid pack should be able to charge at 500 kW.

Last edited: