Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who are some of the original Tesla share holders? The under 30 dollar/share pre split group?
I had some in the mid-upper 20s and capped out at 46 all pre-split. Didn't buy again until this spring and have worked some calls, both buying and selling, to add back to some of the shares I sold through the years to fund life. About to make my first really big purchase, 100% thanks to TSLA, will share when it all closes. Thanks Elon.

I'm sure I'm wasting everyone's time here, but found something interesting.... :)

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 8.50.57 PM.png

Multiplying quarterly delivery #s by 3 ~ equals SP until Q4, 2017 where it gets detached and SP takes a dive (Fair or manipulated? We all suspect that SP has been artificially suppressed for a while). Also, note, the market takes a massive hit on Jan 27, 2018:

Wall Street just suffered the worst day of the Trump presidency. The Dow closed down 666 points, or 2.5%, its biggest percentage decline since the Brexit turmoil in June 2016 and steepest point decline since the 2008 financial crisis.

After this event, SP stays flat or even drops for almost 2 years. (I suspect a bunch of members got a lot older during those 2 years.)

But then at Q3, 2020, the 2 values intersect again at 430. Going from here and projecting 170k for Q4 (based on 500k for 2020), SP indicates 510 (+20% from today).

Bonus 1: Let's assume that fair valuation based on # of delivered cars caught up to itself in Q2 2020. If I project the growth from Q2 to Q3 and take it linear, we get SP of 573 on Dec 31, 2020.

Bonus 2: 3x deliveries (based on 1M in 2021, and the above linear growth sustained) in Q4 2021 would be about 885 (+208% from today's SP).

Should I start a palm reading business? :D

Cheers!

I had some in the mid-upper 20s and capped out at 46 all pre-split. Didn't buy again until this spring and have worked some calls, both buying and selling, to add back to some of the shares I sold through the years to fund life. About to make my first really big purchase, 100% thanks to TSLA, will share when it all closes. Thanks Elon.

I bought in the low 30’s and continued buying up till about 1600, pre split. Also, People who mentioned Andrea as a Bull early on are accurate as well as Julian Cox who was a big bull and helped influence my purchase of TSLA as well early on. I should also mention Curt Renz as his background In financials also gave credibility to his posts.

Finally, buying my first Model S back in January of 2013 gave me more reasons to buy TSLA as I knew first hand that Tesla was on a higher paradigm than any other car I owned previously. We are now on our 3rd Tesla, all THANKS to our confidence in TSLA through all the ups, downs and ups over the past 8 years.
Thank you.

Last edited:
So yer saying TSLA to $15K in 2030 (or slightly before)?

Mkt Cap would be > $35T. Sounds about right. :D

Elon's shares would be worth ~$10T. That'll build some *sugar* on Mars...

Cheers!

So far, it's all about simple car deliveries. At some point though, Energy, Semi, FSD, will most likely increase this trend..? :rolleyes:

I bought in the low 30’s and continued buying up till about 1600, pre split. Also, People who mentioned Andrea as a Bull early on are accurate as well as Julian Cox who was a big bull and helped influence my purchase of TSLA as well early on. I should also mention Curt Renz as his background In financials also gave credibility to his posts.

Finally, buying my first Model S back in January of 2013 gave me more reasons to buy TSLA as I knew first hand that Tesla was on a higher paradigm than any other car I owned previously. We are now on our 3rd Tesla, all THANKS to our confidence in TSLA through all the ups, downs and ups over the past 8 years.
Thank you.

My story almost exactly the same. As a reservation holder, got in well below $30 while waiting two years for the Model S. The idea was to partly pay for the car from stock gains. I did sell some but after taking delivery thinking holy sh*t, and right there moving all of my savings into TSLA.

The early owners were privileged in the sense that the Model S back then was truly revolutionary, nothing that had ever been seen.

My last buy was at $1500 pre-split.

I’m a definite noob when it comes to trading, but trying to learn. People’s posts and the concept of max pain got me looking at maximum-pain.com. So right now max pain for 10/9 is near the current SP (a number that is apparently off-limits to joke about). For the week, 10/16, the value is $344, a significantly lower value. Then for future weeks the values return to closer to the current SP. so my question is what’s going on? Does this mean that more people are betting on a lower SP? I’m assuming that as we get closer to 10/16 the SP and MP will coalesce. Does that make sense?

It's being artificially skewed down buy all the puts at $200, $100 and, believe it or not, $1 (is that you, Gordon?)

If only more people realized then what an excellent investment a $100,000+ two-seater could be.:)

I suspect buying a Roadster is one of the best investments many owners ever made (same principle for many Model S, X, 3 and Y owners ....)
Last summer, my pregnant wife got into an car accident which scare the *sugar* out of me. Bought her the safest car we know of: model 3. Fell in love with the car. Bought TSLA, my first stock ever. Learn more about the company, put more money in. The more deeper I got into Tesla and Elon, the more money I put in.
Currently, more than half of my NW is in TSLA and Im a happy man. Thanks model 3.

IV will skyrocket when the S&P inclusion is announced, and drop like a rock after the S&P tracking funds have finished buying. I’m considering selling deep out of the money leaps just at the end of the addition window.

IMHO, the S&P Committee has no intention of including TSLA anytime soon. Just read the comments of the former committee member last week: "What's the rush?" and "the index was never intended to be a collection of the largest companies."

That's some kind of B.S. They're pushing it in the media to cover their tracks. They screwed up royally missing TSLA inclusion in July because they listened to (or are captured by) TSLA bears. TSLA was trading at < $300 (split adjusted) at the end of July when the 10-Q was released, providing all the information the Committee needed to verify Tesla's eligibility.

Instead, they inserted their own prejudices and preconceptions in front of their own written eligibility rules and requirements, and now are in a bind of their own making. Bad show, S&P Committee. And its the investors in large Index funds that are missing out.

Would not be surprised if there is an ongoing effort to keep TSLA out to extend the juicy profits reaped this year by market manipulators with their manufactured SP 'drops'.

Would further not surprise me if these are the same people responsible for the SEC's irresponsible rush in Spring 2019 to bring a law suit against Elon for what inevitably proved to be a true statement made on an after-hrs podcast. But they needed to sue in a rush before the 2019 end-of-year sales numbers could put the lie to their law suit. Despicable behaviour, IMHO.

TL;dr
Don't put any thing past these. They will sell their own mothers for a buck. And they don't mind if your mother suffers in the mean time (or your children in a carbon-wracked future).

Last edited:
Didn't see this article linked yet:

Forbes article

Just couldn't follow the math...
Now she stirred the pot again by publishing online Ark’s new bull’s-case valuation of $1.4 trillion, implying a share price above $6,000, complete with every Excel calculation and assumption behind those estimates.
The article is dated today, but $6K SP must be pre-split?

Andrea James, but I've forgotten who she worked for at the time. And funnily enough Adam Jonas at first, until someone trod on him from above. It got very confusing for a while, people would type AJ but it was unclear which one they were referring to.

Edit: Andrea worked for Doherty at the time (99% sure), then for Tesla for a while.

More edit: I think she predicted something like $180 when TSLA was in the doldrums of the mid thirties.

when?