Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little update since I’ve been gone from TMC over ~8+ months:

We took delivery of our white/white LR AWD Model Y in August. Yes it had few panel gaps but I can’t be bothered to get it fixed. I’m extremely impressed over my model S. Amazing at the speed of the progress by Tesla.

Here something interesting after getting the best SUV/car ever made. My friend that reviews cars, Drivers Only on YouTube, took it out to do his thing. Nearly 1/4 Million views and counting...

He pretty much agreed with me and few weeks later he ordered one! His delivery video here:

on top of all of this he bought some TSLA shares. I told him he should put all the Tesla content revenue into the stock. Hopes he listens to me this time as he used to be a Tesla hater. Once you drive one you’ll never go back.

Toyota's president says Tesla may have a recipe, but lacks a 'real kitchen and a real chef'

Elon should consider adding a Tesla chef’s apron to the store - “Tesla - Saving the Real World.”

Some years ago BMW / Daimler / Posrche was talking trash about Tesla, when their lunch was started to be eaten, now that they had to go on serious diet due to so much of their lunch being taken away, they no longer talk smack, they learned to talk more respectfully about Tesla. I guess, we have come to the point where the cheaper mass market car makers, such as Toyota is starting to feel threatened, so they start to talk trash. In a few more years they will also learn to talk respectfully, I suspect... Of course, by that time they will also be in financial troubles.

Some years ago BMW / Daimler / Posrche was talking trash about Tesla, when their lunch was started to be eaten, now that they had to go on serious diet due to so much of their lunch being taken away, they no longer talk smack, they learned to talk more respectfully about Tesla. I guess, we have come to the point where the cheaper mass market car makers, such as Toyota is starting to feel threatened, so they start to talk trash. In a few more years they will also learn to talk respectfully, I suspect... Of course, by that time they will also be in financial troubles.

I would still exclude BMW from that group. They seem to still have their heads in the sand.

While ultrasonics may not always give accurate readings to all surfaces within a few inches, my guess is that they are certainly accurate enough for the vehicle to determine what spatial envelope it needs to be in. I other words, if normal driving aims to maintain a 24" buffer between it and vehicles in the next lane, then accuracy +/- 4" is probably fine.

As the readings are from the surface of the transducer, the car knows it needs 24" of space, regardless of it's own size.

That having been said, I'm sure each car has a profile of itself for a variety of decision making needs.
This adds credence to the car knowing it's own dimensions pretty accurately:

Twitter

This is really starting to sound like a broken record (if anyone still remembers those).;) I sold a 11/27 500C this AM, before the MMD, so hoping for a couple weeks of minor moves.

Funny story, I've been selling a small number of weekly CCs in a few different accounts for a few months now, usually on the early Monday pop and they end up expiring worthless.

This morning I sold some CCs I had meant to sell out of an IRA account from my cash account (the IRA shares getting called away oh well easy enough to buy back in and no tax consequences, the cash ones would be a huge kick in the you know where tax-wise if I had to sell em).... anyway it took me about 15 minutes to notice the mistake and rebuy them.... by then the SP had dropped from ~$450 to ~$435 so I pocketed just over 48% of the original premium in profit from the accident.

Could've gone badly the other way of course, but it's funny NOW :)