Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of dry powder, so converted some shares to LEAPS today (in a Roth IRA). Will repeat every day if necessary until we bottom.

Hopefully it won't be necessary.
My angry buying pays off again! I didn't quite do this every day (convert shares to medium-term calls and leaps), but several times in the past 2 weeks. I will start deleveraging by converting calls back to shares tomorrow.

Thanks to whoever mentioned this strategy recently for leveraging up when you run out of dry powder! :)

Squeeze will end up being unsustainable. Hope to see SP in 600+ trading range for good.
People are just playing Tesla for money. After battery day and smashed earnings, TSLA haven't seen this sp since the split run up. Not to mention how Tsla dropped 20% on a S&P snub. No one cares about earnings, it's all about them plays.

Probably need to buy puts just to protect the S&P gains because next earnings will not help you even if everyone gets a free baby Jesus.

Well I guess I now know why Calls where rising and Puts were staying..... well put.

So weird one today and just luck I guess, of sorts. Seeing how everyone was buying Calls with strikes between $410 and $440 like they were going out of style the last 3 trading days, I sold a $445-$450 Put spread just for giggles and to be contraire. It was $500 in collateral but I got paid $480 for it.... figured what the hey, it's only $20. This might turn out to be easy pocket change. See what trouble boredom in market movement can do to you.

As mentioned Calls rose again.

Attachments

• 10 prev THRU closeup  450x600 - 40K.png
    10 prev THRU closeup 450x600 - 40K.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20 prev FRI closeup.png
    20 prev FRI closeup.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 30 MON OI closeup.png
    30 MON OI closeup.png
    134 KB · Views: 36
Woud love to but my broker (Nordnet) won't allow sales prices much over current when placing orders. So I will have to wing it.

But if I'm thinking of creating a ladder - which levels would be unreasonable enough? :p
To protect for the spikes after battery day (ha!) and earnings (double ha!) I set up some sells at around $650-$700 (I have some margin that I might want to retire). Just cleared those out. I'll play it by ear.

Time for @factchecking’s infinite squeeze. I can’t imagine the set up not being better now with: battery day revealed, 2 new GFs running full steam for completion, record deliveries on tap, all those relatively cheap leaps being bough up and every TSLA long buying every dip the last two weeks with super low volume. None of them are selling tomorrow.

the current TSLA shareholders are all longs.
Everybody was telling me to sell and take profit.
I run with a trader during the week end.
He kept telling me to lock my TSLA profits.
He doesn’t understand how wrong he was.
Now the stock is taking off.

The actual S&P500 funds can't start buying yet. (The ones just benchmarked to the S&P500 can.)

I think they can start buying tomorrow during market hours. Or are you saying they cannot until S&P decides if this will be done in two tranches instead of one? I don’t understand why S&P would keep it ambiguous, surely they should realize the squeeze potential here.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don't know. Near in options are not my thing, so I don't know what pricing will look like or how quickly IV can move premium for options only 4 days out. Can't imagine they'll be too amazing considering $450 is +10% from today's close. Traders simply won't let TSLA gain 20% tomorrow, so we could see something like $470 by the end of the week but in smaller ratchets each day. Feels like this whole thing is gonna be a slowish march up. (Yes, I am looking at $460 AH as we speak)

Anyone got some advice or guesses on how Friday's $450's will play out this week? What are the general best practices for intra-week calls?
It’s 464 already
That is crazy
I feel like a little kid in a candy store.
Where everybody wants to buy my candies for $10 I bought couple months ago for $0,50

Last edited:
People are just playing Tesla for money. After battery day and smashed earnings, TSLA haven't seen this sp since the split run up. Not to mention how Tsla dropped 20% on a S&P snub. No one cares about earnings, it's all about them plays.

Probably need to buy puts just to protect the S&P gains because next earnings will not help you even if everyone gets a free baby Jesus.

True Dhat. But they will have less Shares to play with ;)

Interesting comment on TSLA call volumes on 450. Dunno which week he meant.

https://twitter.com/squawksquare/status/1328358187590881290

Super Squawksquare brought it to my notice. I nicked in 2 calls at 9.59 CET just before market close. The strategy to simply monitor calls open interest every day could be a winning strategy. Obviously wasn't finished buying LEAPS since Elon had Corona. But ohh well

Maybe we should use our TSLA obsession for call open interest monitoring.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 23.49.02.png