Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What strikes do you have in mind?
It will depend on SP and IV tomorrow, but I am thinking I want to include the actual S&P fund forced purchasing dates (Dec. 9-24 as explained above) for at least half of my calls as I expect a climb until then and then an inevitable spike during that period (and then likely a sell-off towards the end of that period and after), so I will be buying 50% Dec. 11/18 and 50% Dec. 31 calls. Strike prices I think I will do ranges between $100-200 above what the SP opens at tomorrow with the higher strike prices more concentrated in the later calls. It's hard to know until I see the real prices tomorrow though.

For Dec. 18. $100 OTM calls ($510) closed at $4.40 today and so with higher IV will probably open at $5.50 tomorrow (ie. if SP open at $450 I am talking about $550 calls). $150 OTM calls closed at $2.15 today so maybe $3.00 tomorrow (ie. $600 calls if SP opens at $450). I like those as I can load up for pretty cheap. Dec. 31 calls will of course have higher premiums and I will probably pick higher strikes.

https://twitter.com/CNBCFastMoney/status/1328465599366901766?s=20

Fast Money segment.

Melissa Lee to Tim Seymour: "[if Tesla is so bad] do you question S&P's judgement?"

Tim Seymour: "No."

=> it is OK to sell BEV credits. Business is business.

And the other guy says it’s priced in?

3E22C863-8159-4C57-9F25-E5C028A25721.gif

God CNBC will go down with the legacy car companies if they continue this nonsense.

Reactions: capster and MP3Mike
And the other guy says it’s priced in?

View attachment 609129

God CNBC will go down with the legacy car companies if they continue this nonsense.
They are already dead, they just don’t know it.

YouTube is providing a platform for far more in-depth analysis than CNBC could ever hope to provide, without annoying commercials for adult diapers. It also provides better entertainment. Most young people never even had cable. I’m 40 and haven’t for well over a decade. I only have CNBC by accident with my YouTube tv subscription and I rarely watch.

Dave Lee's take on this historic announcement is really worth watching. His words on the travails of Tesla over the years, the way the outsider has beaten the establishment, and Tesla being a force for good are quite emotional! Overall a great watch and a lovely way to celebrate the moment.

never seen him more effusive, great video!

Dave Lee's take on this historic announcement is really worth watching. His words on the travails of Tesla over the years, the way the outsider has beaten the establishment, and Tesla being a force for good are quite emotional! Overall a great watch and a lovely way to celebrate the moment.

So true, @DaveT it was obviously an emotional moment for you. It was great to be able to fully understand the significance of this moment way beyond what the stock price is doing. Thank you for putting this in perspective.

After-action Report: Mon, Nov 16, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "S&P 500 Day (at Long Last)"

Traded: $11,428,513,326.08 ($8.06B) w. $3.90B A/hrs
Volume: 27,082,794 w. 8,613,698 A/hrs
VWAP: $421.98 inc'd $452.65 A/hrs

Close: $408.09 / VWAP: 100.10%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain: $400.00

Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $386.829B / $198.037B = 195.33%
Note: Yahoo Finance updated TSLA Mkt Cap for shares issued Sep 9th (per 10-Q)
CEO Comp. Status:

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $395.51
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $310.87
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap for 5th tranche ($300B) likely achieved Nov 09, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 50.3% (50th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 52.6% (47nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume ratio was 7.61% of Short Volume (94th Percentile Rank)

Click thumbnail to zoom-in on the Main Session (b4 the A/hrs jump)

TSLA.chart.2020-11-16.16-00.png

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-11-16.png

Comment: "278.6K 'short-exempt' shares reported today (unprecedented w/o uptick rule in effect). Recall the 8K Calls bought this morning? That represents 800K shares of TSLA. Huge A/hrs Volume."

QOTD: @powertoold "Boredom has been relieved."

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!