Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if ARK Invest has updated their Tesla price targets for 2024 already? Back in 2018 they published a white paper with a $1400 dollar base case, but of course Battery Day and the recent developments in FSD capabilities stirred things up a little. I tried looking for it but could not find anything. Odd, since Battery Day was almost 2 months ago.

I'm trying to make projections with probabilities how much my shares would be worth by 2024, for personal finance reasons.

ARK hasn't publicly updated their TSLA price targets. However, choice of words from Tasha Keeney in one interview I saw strongly suggested that they have OR are working on one. Why they haven't gone public with their estimates might be because they don't feel the World is ready to receive the information, as @Runarbt pointed out.

Given that their 2018 case consisted of three main variables without including the potential of Tesla Energy, insurance etc AND that many boxes of their Bull/Golden Goose scenarios are being ticked as we approach 2024 I think it is safe to say that their price targets will be drastically higher than they were two years ago.

Does this mean Adam Jonas can now ask a question on an earnings call that's not complete nonsense?

... nah, some things are just hopeless.
AJ next Tesla ER call:
"Now - this isn't directly related to Tesla but hear me out. If aliens wanted to buy SpaceX services, would you entertain selling to them? And if so, do you foresee any push back from earth based governments?

And I have a follow up.".

ARK hasn't publicly updated their TSLA price targets. However, choice of words from Tasha Keeney in one interview I saw strongly suggested that they have OR are working on one. Why they haven't gone public with their estimates might be because they don't feel the World is ready to receive the information, as @Runarbt pointed out.

Given that their 2018 case consisted of three main variables without including the potential of Tesla Energy, insurance etc AND that many boxes of their Bull/Golden Goose scenarios are being ticked as we approach 2024 I think it is safe to say that their price targets will be drastically higher than they were two years ago.
The previous probability they assigned to successful FSD was relatively low, which dragged down their estimates. I’d guess that will be substantially increased.

Reactions: Harrito
So, how much it would matter for the market, MMs and shorts, if Berkshire has a stake of 4.99% of Tesla? :cool:
I think it would say more about BRK than it would about TSLA.

Has anyone theorized that the reason the Macros were down yesterday is because benchmarked funds sold everything else in the S&P 500 to make funds available to buy TSLA?

So, how much it would matter for the market, MMs and shorts, if Berkshire has a stake of 4.99% of Tesla? :cool:

dont know, but I would buy some potato chips and a couple of great weissbier and celebrate by watching The Office UK. Both seasons and the Christmas special.

cheers longs! The next years are going to rock

I'm not sure of anything, but if the argument in https://twitter.com/FrankPeelen/status/1328943541570179075 is correct then it is a company with market cap of greater than $220 B (they have to file for stakes greater than 5%), which rules out Etsy.

That's me on Twitter btw.

To me it seems a lot less likely that the SEC would give Berkshire permission to not disclose a 5%+ stake, even though they were given permission to omit a position from their 13F. 13D/G filings are there exactly to make sure everybody knows when somebody acquires a 5%+ stake in a US public equity.

If the SEC handed out exceptions to having to disclose 5%+ ownership stakes, that could allow some entities to more easily stage hostile takeovers.

Bloomberg: U.K.'s Green Plan backs 250,000 jobs and bans gas car sales
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

From the article:
"U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a 12 billion-pound ($15.9 billion) plan to boost green industries and tackle climate change, in a blueprint he says will create or support as many as 250,000 jobs. Under the wide-ranging proposals, sales of new petrol and diesel cars will be banned from 2030, the government will back investment in electric vehicles, hydrogen, wind and nuclear power, and measures to make homes more energy efficient."

Welcome to FU money.

It's a bummer. Soon you'll be reminiscing about how you used to be so driven, smart and on the ball.

man, I wish I got in on the Tesla stock back when most people here did. I didn’t finally jump in until battery day when the stock dropped down to about $360-$400.

maybe in about 5-10 years I will have the FU money as well.

My guess;

They dont want to just yet.. It will be so insane and out of whack with the market sentiment that they have to wait.
Need SP to go higher, and the rest of the market to accept the trajcetory for ARK to dare release new estimate, and have a slim chance to be taken seriously. :)
Or saving it for when they are the new WTF fund.