Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dunno man.

11bil on a 400 bil company doesn't look material to me.
The hopeful me want this to be true though.

It is Warren Buffet - the biggest conservative of them all. Only investing in mature companies, with a dividend.
Huge Tesla/growth/bubble skeptic.

If he turns - this is the turning point for realz! A LOT of people which have been skeptics, will fold.. A LOT of people follow his investmensts, and funds and.. a lot of buying.

This is for me - even bigger than S&P500 - if its WEB hos has taken a stake in Tesla.

A bit unknown yet - but logic.. and so on.

man, I wish I got in on the Tesla stock back when most people here did. I didn’t finally jump in until battery day when the stock dropped down to about $360-$400.

maybe in about 5-10 years I will have the FU money as well.

Not everyone posting here in a millionaire (yet). I am in the same boat as you and didnt get in until this year with an average cost basis in the same range as you. I really wish i could just 'forget' about it and not look at it again for 10 years, but there is just too much cool stuff going on with Tesla news to stay away from taking a peak at the price and buying a few shares each month. HODL!

Twitter user @s17_scott and TMC user Thekiwi pointed out to me that Berkshire Hathaway omitted one company from its 13F filing, and instead disclosed this newly acquired stake separately to the SEC in a confidential filing, because it was worried that disclosing the position to the public would move the market too much.​

So if it was true that Berkshire bought a bunch of TSLA, what is the fear or moving the market too much, and for what stocks?

Maybe they dumped BYD and bought TSLA? or TSLA goes up because BRK bought a bunch weeks or months ago? Wouldn't that be a good thing for them? Or people start shorting BRK because they own TSLA? Bad for BRK because Tesla Insurance competes with Geico? Bad for BRK because Semi hurts BNSF? So many possibilities!

Nah, it's NKLA and BRK in a stock-only merger. I hear the new ticker symbol will be NARK.

/s

Cheers!

I am confused about the apparent BRK 13F release exemption. “We don’t want to disclose the name of a purchased company because it would cause the stock to rise”.

Confused because - any combination of the below factors here:

1.Well - YES. You’re Berkshire Hathaway. That’s what happens; it’s a consequence of having been successful and big. And you’re going to need to disclose eventually. If it’s going to rise now because you’ve disclosed, it will rise then. Why should investors, who can make informed decisions only if they are, you know, informed, be penalized by your lack of disclosure?

2. If you’re not done purchasing, why is it that you think you’re so special so as to keep your acquisitions under wrap when another firm wouldn’t get such an exemption? Must we the SEC officially show that our rules are only for small investors and not for whales?

3. If it is because BRK is so touchingly concerned about how showing its actions might upset an S&P index entry: S&P as well as the investment firms that use its services to craft their own products make their own rules. Case in point is S&P very recently deliberately bending/twisting/delaying inclusion of a company that indisputably achieved all the criteria for index inclusion, yet was delayed. If S&P can be concerned with market-disruptive effects of adding a name to its index....and thus delays such entry, as well as (possibly) altering the inclusion procedure....then S&P, especially because its primary business is assessing companies’ businesses so deeply that they are the de facto arbiter to their creditworthiness, ought to have added that company before all criteria officially had been met and its markets capitalization had been significantly lower.

Help me out. I’m the new appointee to the SEC and want to make sure I’m acting in the best long-term interests of the investment community, including keeping Wall Street as the investment capital of the world...as there are, in fact, alternative venues.

Last edited:
My guess;

They dont want to just yet.. It will be so insane and out of whack with the market sentiment that they have to wait.
Need SP to go higher, and the rest of the market to accept the trajcetory for ARK to dare release new estimate, and have a slim chance to be taken seriously. :)

What is ARK's new price target?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

MM walking down the SP into open.. how will today turn out? :)

With Adams upgrade, and one day clsoer to S&P500 - they might have a hard time holding it down for long.

Appreciate any skeptics out there, who think we will go lower in the near/medium term. I just can t see it? But then, I have been wrong a lot! (way to bullish)
I am as bullish on the company as anyone. That said, I have seen the market makers do unbelievable things to keep the stock price where they want it. I am ready for this thing to take off but I would not be surprised by anything the MMs can pull off. They can't do it forever, but in the short term, as they said in Jurassic Park..."Hold on to your butts."

Dan

Volume this AM still not looking that great. I guess the big boys are still in wait-n-see mode.

Low volume is not a bad thing. An average of 5 million shares a day have to be bought by S&P 500 index funds during each of the 25 trading days until 21 December. If volume stays low - not enough sellers - we will get a lot of green days like today.

Honestly, I'm surprised. It's a great idea (for a company like Tesla), but at the same time they're an OEM, and vertical integration is almost a foreign concept. Them branching outside of the car assembling process at all is just shocking to me.

Pfff... Time to replicate the online sales model, 'dealer-less network', and touch-less delivery of Tesla.

Reactions: GOVA