Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The effective free float is shrinking as FOMO rises. There will not be enough pie for indexers. Will Tesla gracefully offer to bake some more? As shareholders, how would you feel about this?
Betrayed? (Let S&P suffer!)
Benevolent? (Shares are a renewable resource!)
What could Tesla do with an extra $20-40 billion?
Lower prices so much that other car, solar, & battery companies have no hope of competing?
Build the terafactory of its dreams?
Buy out competitors?
Expand into adjacent industries?
Stage a mission to Mars?

You mean stock split again to provide more shares?

*sorts through short term memory bank*

Pretty sure I’d be okay with it.

With the announcement occurring so early, what is to prevent large funds and large investors from buying up much more of the float over the next month in order to try and force a squeeze when index funds must buy in December?

Why, that sounds awfully naughty and greedy. I cannot imagine such skulduggery going on in the stock market!

Getting close to $500! Are we gonna make it?

AssuredHonoredEyra.webp

We are in area of no resistance.
Path is higher.
There will be bumps.
But this is the land of so many being wrong, again, again, and again.
They all failed to ask the right questions, to open their minds, to make the right decisions.
They got to briefly be king of the idiots on the internet for a moment. Their moment left them a long time ago.
Everyone gets what they want out of trading.

Reshaping of ones mind is very difficult.
Many fail to aim high and let failure teach them.

Luckily, I read his tweet monday, and this pushed me to converted (sell) 20% of my shares and go DITM with $200 sep21 calls. Upped those "shares" by 50% this way, and had cash left for a handful of jan/feb21 calls at $500.

Thank you TT007 ;-)
Be careful. TT007 has been wrong so much he is basically a broken clock. I know I'm not alone when I say I lost a lot of money listening to him on this forum before he was chased away.

I didn't see this post but saw your previous suggestion on the far OTM calls and acted on it. Small potatoes but quite satisfying nevertheless, thank you!

View attachment 609598

pz1975 has typically dispensed some pearls of wisdom, so I also acted, mind you for equally small potatoes, but they have sure produced a lot of shoots lately. I couldn't get them for the advertised prices, but did what I could with what I could.

Wondering if @pz1975 will chime in with where he is currently at with his proposed move. (Assuming he's not too busy perusing islandtrader magazine)

• Funny
Reactions: dakh
Can someone explain to the novice (me), what the really tall bars (blue box) represent? I know it is the spread for that transaction window (1 minute), but WHY would some shares be sold so cheap compared to others?

(big image, click to zoom)
View attachment 609604

Fidelity chart program is buggy. Switch the Frequency from 1 minute to 5 minutes and then back to 1 minute, and the spikes will go away.

Can someone explain to the novice (me), what the really tall bars (blue box) represent? I know it is the spread for that transaction window (1 minute), but WHY would some shares be sold so cheap compared to others?

(big image, click to zoom)
View attachment 609604

A glitch in the ticker. My fidelity app does it all the time. Refresh by changing the candle size. Like from 5 min to 10 min.

Fidelity chart program is buggy. Switch the Frequency from 1 minute to 5 minutes and then back to 1 minute, and the spikes will go away.
A glitch in the ticker. My fidelity app does it all the time. Refresh by changing the candle size. Like from 5 min to 10 min.

Thank you gentlemen, that fixed it.

Gotcha... I was thinking of replying with God Save The Queen, Sex Pistols version, but I thought better of it.

P.s., love DSotM, still have my quad vinyl album, alas nothing to play it with. The 8-track quad was great in those old smoke-filled days though...

You can get the original Parsons quad mix now on DVD-A/Blu-ray, still sounds great. The 5.1 mix is excellent too.

Reactions: Dayreg