Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoah! Solstice, conjunction and inclusion on the same date.

It will also be a Triple Witching Day, the major quarterly expiration of options and futures. :eek:

upload_2020-11-19_19-22-20.jpeg

It's customary at my company for those departing to send a company wide goodbye email on their last day. I've already written mine for the eventual day that I depart for my retirement. I don't know if I'll be retiring in a few months, or even a year or two, but my goodbye email is ready to go.

Most of the goodbye emails are five or six sentences long. Mine; however, is a tad longer than most and I doubt that anyone reading it will realize why. The reason for its length? Because combining the first letter of each sentence spells out "TESLA STOCK."
@Rockster, can you DM me a copy of your email. May need one in the next few weeks and it will save me the trouble. I'll be sure to change the signature line. Many thanks.

Can we circle back to this Mary Barra selling stock thing? How does a chair/CEO sell more than half their stock and it closes up? How is this not a massive story?

As CEO of a publicly traded company, she would be subject to a blackout period around earnings and must report as an insider. I agree, it should have made more news.

Reactions: GOVA and FireMedic
"MachEClub member revealed it expects the electric CUV to retain only 39 percent of its MSRP after three years."
Report: Ford Preps For Big Depreciation For Mustang Mach-E: 39%

Elon's favorite quote might get updated soon to "Tesla and Ford are is the ONLY American company to not go bankrupt"
I dumped all my Ford stock when they announced they were going to stop selling cars (sedans). It was an "aha" moment for me... Not only did I not want to be invested in Ford, but why in the world wasn't that money in $TSLA? I fixed that in 2 trades.

Driver fled the scene - later found, taken to hospital for minor injuries.

The rest of the details will follow them. But heck - they lost control at 100mph and get to deal with legal consequences!
This was near me. There were batteries flying into people's houses and the sheriff issued a Facebook press release about how unsafe they were. /Sigh

This is all the FUD they can muster up these days?

View attachment 609934
In times past, a Consumer Reports hit piece carried some weight. Now it just further damages Consumer Reports’s reputation. But how could they stop once they’d prostituted themselves?

Really, the only short ‘gun’ left is the NY Times. But now, I think people find the Old Gray Lady’s snide hit pieces tiresome at best. As it is, folks need to tiptoe through the acid dipped dross to find the odd bits of decent journalism that evade their editorial board. Certainly their Tesla coverage reeks as much as that of the WSJ.

But, hey, at least the garbage reportage serves as a barometer of the amount of (attempted) pressure against the SP as well as a barometer of the depths to which American ‘journalism’ has fallen.

edit: Excuse my negativity here. I used to have higher regard for journalism. I suppose "the internet ate my business model" is a legit excuse. Hopefully, there is some path, be it government curtailment of Google or whatever, that gets us back to a more objective, less hysterical news media.

Last edited:
Hiro Mizuno just thanked @DaveT on Twitter!
Good to see TMC members being followed by Tesla highest circle...
Also Dave has done an amazing job with his channel on Youtube, so kudos to him.
View attachment 609864
Thanks @aubreymcfato, I would have missed Hiro's tweet if it wasn't for your post.

Congrats to everyone here on TSLA's S&P 500 inclusion. :)

Big Warning to all Tesla shareholders, Ok S&P 500 announcement came,Stock hits 52 week high, everything fine at the moment but watch out until Dec 21st, Institution need to buy huge amount of Tesla stock ,obvious thing to do for retail investors, not sell Tesla stock.

Here is the game Institution may play, Let’s intensify and dig bad headlines news for Tesla , short a little stock and depress stock price , retail guy sells it, cover the short.

For example why consumer report short of bad rating comes out on day stock hits 52 week high ? wall street is high stake game, stay strong all long term shareholders, do not let headline news screw up your head and sell your stock.

Last edited:
Big Warning to all Tesla shareholders, Ok S&P 500 announcement came,Stock hits 52 week high, everything fine at the moment but watch out until Dec 21st, Institution need to buy huge amount of Tesla stock ,obvious thing to do for retail investors, not sell Tesla stock.

Here is the game Institution may play, Let’s intensify and dig bad headlines news for Tesla , short a little stock and depress stock price , retail guy sells it, cover the short.

For example why consumer report short of bad rating comes out on day stock hits 52 week high ? wall street is high stake game, stay strong all long term shareholders, do not let headline news screw up your head and sell your stock.
I sold a lot of TSLA shares, through ARK invest rebalancing

This is a good reminder that inclusion might be a sure thing, but there will be fatigue. This literally cannot go on through the entire buying window, it's still more than a month out.
Understand it's highly unlikely this will be the mood for an entire month. It just can't happen that way. Be ready for $420/$440/$460 with a plan!
I have a plan:

C20C7580-09EC-4AA0-8E6E-A9AAB1F06FCA.gif

hodl

Last edited:

Consumer reports has published the results of their annual car reliability survey sometime between Oct 19 and Nov 19 every single year going back at least 10 years (I got bored looking after that but probably for decades).

That' s a hell of a long game they played there just the hurt Tesla today specifically.

Remind me to ask some young kid how one does that eye roll emoji thing.