Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to a lot of investment professionals over the years, and about 95% held a negative view of TSLA as an investment. Stunningly, that view persisted into the beginning of this year, despite everything that Tesla was achieving in plain sight.

Any professional who got TSLA wrong really should be fired. It’s one of the most epically bad mistakes in the history of investing. It’s not like TSLA was some small company that wasn’t on their radar. It didn’t sneak up on them. They had years to get this right and they completely and utterly blew it.

The entire investment profession really needs to look in a mirror and examine what needs to be done to fix a very broken profession.

"One of you Tesla-know-nothing-Robbinhooding-noobs call for the professionals?"

Attachments

• z222.png
    z222.png
    766.4 KB · Views: 87
Tesla: Elon Musk verkündet neues Modell speziell für Europa und Batteriefabrik - WELT

Elon could have asked me (even better, ask an Italian living in an ancient hilltop town). Just to note that Berlin has massive amount of space compared to many European cities & towns.

Elon The Disruptor: "I was recently with a Model X in Berlin and we had a lot of problems finding a parking space that the car fits," said Musk. That's also why he's thinking of a smaller compact model from Tesla.

edit: On cell capacity - 100Gwh at 100kwh/car... 1 million cars. So 250Gwh for 2 million cars + storage?

"Tesla is planning to build a battery factory with around 100 gigawatt hours of capacity in Brandenburg . Later on, production could even be expanded to 200 or 250 gigawatt hours."

From: https://twitter.com/enn_nafnlaus/status/1331205556258942980

"Contrast: Northvolt is targeting 16 GWh in Phase 1, potentially up to 32/40 GWh ultimately at their current factory in Sweden"

Last edited:
Factchecking is not often wrong. Suggesting here that the purchasing must be completed on the 21st rather than the 24th. Can anyone confirm? The 21st makes more sense to me.
https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1330954449771257856

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1330965371126484992
Here, he is suggesting that 90%+ of float is not accounted for. I am not as optimistic on this - not something I say often. However, I am expecting a squeeze beyond $1k... 90% would be an infinite+ squeeze.
Rob Mauer went into great detail on purchasing scenarios if you want to get a better understanding of timing.

Tesla: Elon Musk verkündet neues Modell speziell für Europa und Batteriefabrik - WELT

Elon could have asked me (even better, ask an Italian living in an ancient hilltop town). Just to note that Berlin has massive amount of space compared to many European cities & towns.

Elon The Disruptor: "I was recently with a Model X in Berlin and we had a lot of problems finding a parking space that the car fits," said Musk. That's also why he's thinking of a smaller compact model from Tesla.
Given that this is well known and has been known for years, it's a wonder that he's just realized it. (Not that Tesla was in a position to do anything about it until GF Berlin was started.)

Reactions: CHGolferJim
Given that this is well known and has been known for years, it's a wonder that he's just realized it. (Not that Tesla was in a position to do anything about it until GF Berlin was started.)

Elon knows the cars Europe needs, but may feel need to explain, second wife English. Talulah Riley - Wikipedia

NB. She grew up in Hemel Hempstead, home of one of UK's Magic Roundabouts, near London and she studied in old towns with bad parking and narrow lanes. If she gets early release of UK FSD, she might try it out on a Magic Roundabout. Now that would be worth watching!

Hemel has an abandoned BP office complex and was the site of one of Europe's largest peacetime explosions in 2005, 3 years before Talulah met Musk - puts you right off petrol and hydrogen as fuel sources - Buncefield fire - Wikipedia - "the explosions were heard up to 125 miles (200 km) away; there were reports that they were audible in Belgium, France, and the Netherlands"

I am concerned that at some point a LARGE URBAN hydrogen station will explode. So stupid. On one of the Rimac videos, it was stated that EVs are fully charged when crash tested while ICE have water in fuel systems. Shows how much safer EVs & Tesla must be. Not sure about hydrogen cars.

O/T but I suspect Elon was looked into by doting parents..."only child of Una Riley, founder of a security systems company and a PR company,[3] and Doug Milburn, formerly head of the National Crime Squad"

Last edited:
I am grateful that I segregated my long term accounts from my short term. Might have been my best investing move. I satisfy my silly gambling while ignoring the long terms as they pile up the percentage gains.

Even my gambling has been working lately! Gee, wonder why....

I can see 800 before TSLA finally in S&P 500. The momo is back and I am not sure the official index buying has even begun.