Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friend from vegas who is all in on $TSLA after i recommended him to buy at $700 texted me today. He ran into a dad that used to coach his son's baseball team with him (Ironically, he is a financial advisor :) ) Told him that he put all his eggs in $TSLA at $700 and the dude said "Congrats, now take those gains and put it in something stable for your future" I told him, "Next time you see him, tell him to take his fiduciary responsibility and stick it where the sun don't shine!!"

some clarification from Shirley Meng on Elon's 50 cent comment.

https://twitter.com/YingShirleyMen1/status/1331276061351452672?s=20

dd88e75b19c257aa371eb68d53629c7b.png

My advice... buy a Model Y now (especially if you are currently driving an ICE). It will be a while before you can test drive a Cybertruck. The Y will hold its value better than just about any car. It will be the best car you've ever owned. You will save a ton on gas. You can always trade it in for a Cybertruck when they are available.

I did exactly this. I have been holding Tesla since 2011/12, just took delivery of my Y (first Tesla, but not first EV) a few weeks ago which I intend to trade in when my Cybertruck is ready in 1-2yrs.

Last edited:
One of you guys that knows how this works...WTF is happening?
Is this going to be the loooooooooooooooooooooooooongest squeeze in history?
Things are a tad squeezy...

... yet, MM’s can magic arbitrary amounts of fake shares out of thin air..

... but, at some point they must buy them back.

IMHO, the MM’s are trying and will likely be able to avoid a huge spike up. They will not and probably don’t expect to be able to hold back this freight train.

I wonder if they aren’t to a large extent just trying to minimize collateral damage from the inclusion at this point.

edit: Not that I know how this works. Not advice.