Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New all time high and passing $500B in Market Cap calls out for reposting celebratory meme.

this-is-tesla-5988c5eb0c.jpg

Worth watching this. Radar seems to be able to pickup not only kerbs etc. but even painted lines all on it's own! Amazing redundancy.

Probably more that it is using map data. An AI like this will spew out its best "guess" even when cameras are blocked, it would probably even give road outlines even with no sensor input.

Worth watching this. Radar seems to be able to pickup not only kerbs etc. but even painted lines all on it's own! Amazing redundancy.

I think this video makes clear that FSD is on a robust path, not just a fancy parlor trick that appears to work but will fail whenever everything is not perfect. I was particularly impressed with the way it became more cautious and tentative when the various cameras were selectively blocked.

This strengthened my opinion that FSD will be a reality and not in the distant future!

This strengthened my opinion that FSD will be a reality and not in the distant future!
Never had any doubt that FSD wouldn't be accepted by all who bought it.

What I doubt is the paradigm shift of robotaxi assuming regulatory approval. How many of you Tesla owners will be willing to hire out your Tesla to strangers when you're not needing it? Be honest.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Never had any doubt that FSD wouldn't be accepted by all who bought it.

What I doubt is the paradigm shift of robotaxi assuming regulatory approval. How many of you Tesla owners will be willing to hire out your Tesla to strangers when you're not needing it? Be honest.

I doubt many of us will, excepting those with multiple Tesla for that very purpose.

But that's only because most of us don't need the money! ;)

I doubt many of us will, excepting those with multiple Tesla for that very purpose.

But that's only because most of us don't need the money! ;)

Agree, but Cathy Woods (Ark) uses Robo taxi as part of her formula for future stock price. I could see Tesla operating a Tesla rental service but not people renting out their expensive car for a way to afford the car. Too many hidden costs, IMO.

• Helpful
Reactions: oldTAVguy