Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

AlexS

Oct 3, 2018
Estonia
Model3 35000 transcript if somebody didn't read it yet
Dropbox - Tesla Call Transcript (2.28.19).pdf

So if you do go to the store they'll simply show you how to buy the car online and then in order to get the need for a test drive.

Maybe my English is bad and this sentence is hard to understand, but doesn't it say that you can arrange test drive from the gallery store?

And some confusing text about getting SR delivered in June, but this was probably if you are not a reservation holder.

edit: SR is not software limited MR, it has fewer cells

neroden

Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan
Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
I agree the last thing Tesla needs is more debt financing that leverages their balance sheet and reduces cash flow. But they should sell stock, preferably to a strategic investor who can also work with Tesla on increasing the value of that investment.
James Anderson of Bailie Gifford has said in public that he'd provide the funding.

Adam Jonas:
“Without an additional capital raise, we are prepared for Tesla’s gross cash to fall further below ($2 billion),” he said. The new sales model is “uncharted territory” for Tesla
Adam Jonas is, as I have always said, an idiot. This is Tesla's original business model.

Thekiwi

Mar 31, 2016
Wellington
Anyone here thinks the SR is going to be made in a completely new production line? What is musk referring to when it comes to volume production and S curve? No such thing happened with the MR when that was in the mix.

MR was identical to the LR with a depopulated pack.

SR has a different interior with new components (Seats/dash etc), and the battery pack is a different design to the MR/LR pack, being produced on a new battery pack production line design.

neroden

Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
What are health care benefit costs per employee in China?
$10 per month?
They have national health care in China (like all of Europe, like Canada, like Mexico). The US is unique in having a batshit insane jury-rigged system of employer-based health insurance, which is making American companies uncompetitive.

Single payer health care would restore the competitiveness of American business, but the leeches in the health insurance and hospital conglomerate businesses (and pharma) don't want that.

gringotuanis

Jul 7, 2018
Omaha
I have bought 8 new vehicles, not one has ever been serviced at the dealer I bought it from.
If you live in a big city you shop around. You get service at closest dealer.
I 2nd this. I bought the truck from the "cheap" dealer as it was brand new and it didn't matter. They gave me a better price. Then for service I take it to the nicer part of town where they seem to know more and do a better job w service.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking

luca

Apr 1, 2015
German
They have national health care in China (like all of Europe, like Canada, like Mexico). The US is unique in having a batshit insane jury-rigged system of employer-based health insurance, which is making American companies uncompetitive.

Single payer health care would restore the competitiveness of American business, but the leeches in the health insurance and hospital conglomerate businesses (and pharma) don't want that.
China's national insurance is close to nothing
In China you will be dead if you don't have enough money to pay hospital firstly LOL
And no one cares LOL

neroden

Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
Update on the missing transcript issue:

"yo @Tesla & @elonmusk why was there a press call about the $35K model 3 that was closed to the public (and shareholders!!) w/ no transcript released. super frustrating for long-term supporters. completely goes against democratization of information and financial markets"

Elon: "Tesla comms is fixing. That was a mistake."

Awesome. Good.

SOULPEDL

Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
The rule of thumb I read was that cutting prices on a car $5000 *doubled* addressable market.

The stores weren't pulling their weight.

Speaking of stores, they didn't help my sale at all, and I bought online anyway. The guy that gave us a Model S test drive the year prior never even knew I bought one. Besides, I found myself knowing more about the car than they did, and when I later walked in for solar, they asked "who's your power provider", I said "SRP" and the response was literally, "Sorry, we can't help you." (Long story why, but really?)

elasalle

driVIN(188xx) it !!
Jan 26, 2016
VA
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 6.07.24 PM.png
EV startup NIO abandons plan to make its own cars

Chinese EV startup NIO no longer plans to make its own cars, the company announced Tuesday. Plans to build a factory in Shanghai — where Tesla is currently constructing the third Gigafactory — have been scuttled, and NIO will instead continue using its current contract manufacturer, state-owned automaker JAC Motors.

It’s a stark change in direction for the young company, which started making its first car, the ES8 SUV, for the Chinese market last year. NIO also just went public on the New York Stock Exchange in September 2018.

& this is the EV that gets pumped on CNBC ..

Last edited:

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
China's national insurance is close to nothing
In China you will be dead if you don't have enough money to pay hospital firstly LOL
And no one cares LOL

What do you mean close to nothing? My parents uses the universal healthcare all the time. It has a coverage rate of 90%, with a co-pay for 10% on procedures that cost peanuts to begin with. Their bill after a complete check up after MRI and the works end up being about 10-20 US dollars.

Now many things are non-formulary as in if you start using imported medications/devices/tubings/etc etc then it'll cost 100% out of pocket.

Krugerrand

Enough of the 🐩, back to 🐈‍⬛
Jul 13, 2012
Tesla friendly place
Great sale right now. I can't wait for Model Y reveal and hope they take reservations that surpass the 400k customers from Model 3 reservations. FSD later this year...ignoring this dive down and just simply buying!

It’s not certain Tesla will take reservations for MY. Elon addressed the question a while back and was leaning towards not doing it for the MY.

AlexS

Oct 3, 2018
Estonia
Update on the missing transcript issue:

"yo @Tesla & @elonmusk why was there a press call about the $35K model 3 that was closed to the public (and shareholders!!) w/ no transcript released. super frustrating for long-term supporters. completely goes against democratization of information and financial markets"

Elon: "Tesla comms is fixing. That was a mistake."

I really hope we'll get to read the whole transscript. I don't like depending on shorts for that..

it's here Dropbox - Tesla Call Transcript (2.28.19).pdf

Reactions: Drax7 and Thekiwi

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC