Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why I day trade AND HODL.

Thank you all for the very useful TA.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.38.25 AM.png

Some jitters here today? Certainly you're not truly concerned about your souffle?

No, my soufflé is the bomb. Sending a bunch out as doorstops this Christmas.

The deja vu is strong here. I have literally witnessed this movie dozens of times here. Some of the same players, some new players. But people, oh people. You are so predictable in all things. :rolleyes:

I’m blaming it on @PeterJA and @Todd Burch for their poetry. THIS, right now, is why we don’t poetry of any kind in this thread. They’ve been here long enough to know better. Poetry is TSLA kryptonite. Shame on them for testing the Fates. No soufflés for them! :mad:

Everyone should be looking at all of the recent FUD. Look at when it emerged. There was little to no Tesla FUD before the S&P announcement. As the price ran up, the FUD has become rampant.

Why do you think that is? Coincidence? I don't think so. I think big players want in on a better price, and this FUD is shaking the nervous in-for-a-quick-buckers so when the big buying begins, they're starting out at a lower base. It's shocking to me that people will sacrifice big gains over a few weeks (by holding) by instead selling now and increasing the available float.

making a lot of money on a stock that went up 1000% in 12 months is not evidence that TA has any predictive power.

i can't believe i actually have to point that out.

FWIW a friend got into TSLA with about $90,000 when it was ~900 a share earlier this year pre-split.

He's down to 11k now.

Some people are just really bad at stocks.

Everyone should be looking at all of the recent FUD. Look at when it emerged. There was little to no Tesla FUD before the S&P announcement. As the price ran up, the FUD has become rampant.

Why do you think that is? Coincidence? I don't think so. I think big players want in on a better price, and this FUD is shaking the nervous in-for-a-quick-buckers so when the big buying begins, they're starting out at a lower base. It's shocking to me that people will sacrifice big gains over a few weeks (by holding) by instead selling now and increasing the available float.

Does the stock react to FUD at all these weeks? Yes we are down, but not because of any FUD I would think. Do people really trade on news around the company when there is just one thing, the S&P 500, that determines where the price will go? Would they sell the stock because recall, because car crash, because soufflé, when there is this godzilla of an event coming up in 2 weeks time?

It's likely that most of the SP runup since the S&P announcement is speculative buying. A lot of that is going to be very weak hands that can, and will, be shaken out. I still think there is going to be a substantial additional runup before this month is over, so I've increased my short term bets this morning, given the reduced price for these bets.

But these are bets, and I'm only using my betting money.

TA have been pretty good. You guys have to follow The Stocks Channel on YouTube. Guy have been spot on. Predicted a bullish movement after the triangle wedge 3 weeks prior to the break out. He said bearish action if we don't close above 587..and now we see that bearish action. The guy is pretty good. Have been pretty accurately predicting the future.
nope, sorry.
I have found they will say EVERYTHING in one podcast. It will correct and then go up, or will trade flat, or will just take off from here, or is very bearish so expect it to retrace back down to, or expect it to go up then down then back up...ALL IN ONE PODCAST.
And they have consistently been off in the general prediction as to the amount it will be X number of months out.

For years I have used the “knife fight” metaphor to describe Tesla’s war with the fossil fuel industry, They will fight with all weapons at their disposal — to the bitter end — they will not go quietly into the night.

Nothing regarding Tesla’s technology nor it’s competitive advantage has changed. Not one bit.

This is something I keep in mind when trying to justify some, if not most, of the FUD. I remember reading some weeks ago how big oil's daily profits provide billions they can spend generating their narrative, tweaking and targeting stock performance in their desired direction, etc.

The people making decisions for them have a fire lit under them to take every opportunity to stretch out their long running energy dominance for as long as possible. Skewing the tidbits that many/most investors (especially retail) are exposed to in their "trusted" media is an art form well established, and one that provides repeatedly good results at a low cost.

Most folks will base decisions upon headlines or other sound-bites without spending much time trying to qualify the veracity of it.