Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting this for general entertainment purposes to lighten the mood while everyone is so tense about where the SP will go in the next few weeks:

BMW declared most sustainable car maker in the world by Dow Jones

You see, it is all about the metrics chosen. They report BMW car CO2 emissions dropped some 40%, Tesla will NEVER be able to achieve that (since they are 0, so cannot drop anywhere). So if they value the drop, BMW can be the winner. Similar to CR self-driving evaluation, which cares about nagging the driver instead of how the car drives itself.

Article by our friend.. /s

David Trainer
Seeking Alpha
Financial Blogger
Ranked #6,233 out of 7,754 Bloggers on TipRanks (#12,080 out of 14,876 overall experts)
This guy is almost as bad as Gordo...watch the Tesla daily video debate between him and Rob...He's clueless like all the others :)

You're right: it's 5,000 nm to fly back to Los Angles (against the Polar Jetstream), but only 4500 nm to fly to Shanghai (downwind).

We need the wind at our back right now. Model Y 1st delivery ceremony? :D

Cheers!
YOUUUU KNOOOOW?!:) If I worked for Elon in the PR department :cool:, whenever he left the country I'd plan his itinerary so that he would visit both Shanghai and Berlin.

The Press would eat it the F up.:eek:
"ELON MAKES GLOBAL FLIGHT TO VISIT FACTORIES ON ALL THREE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE CONTINENTS."
That right there would make some people THINK.o_O

YOUUUU KNOOOOW?!:) If I worked for Elon in the PR department :cool:, whenever he left the country I'd plan his itinerary so that he would visit both Shanghai and Berlin.

The Press would eat it the F up.:eek:
"ELON MAKES GLOBAL FLIGHT TO VISIT FACTORIES ON ALL THREE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE CONTINENTS."
That right there would make some people THINK.o_O

'Environmentally-conscious' Tesla CEO Elon Musk flies carbon-polluting private jet globally to all 3 global factories, destroying the Earth's atmosphere.

Screenshot_20201202-071406.png

Lot of option buying this morning despite that early dip. Sizzle index indicating option trades at 266% higher than average volume at this point in time. More calls being bought than puts still with about 257k calls being traded versus 121k puts being traded so far.

Wish I hadn't missed that MMD. Figured I'd take a break from watching the charts and trying to read the forum. Is there a phone app or something you can use to set it to loudly read out the price of a stock if it is below or above certain ranges? It would be worth a lot if there was.

Or an app that I can use on a spare phone on the wall to constantly show the stock price full screen with the phone display always on?

Edits-
Or a little one-equity current price displayed constantly on my laptop taskbar.

Because we can't put standing orders in for things like this when our Roth account has no funds left and you plan to sell shares and buy options... Or could we somehow?

Update - I will ask my brokerage folks to offer this tool; they'd be motivated to try to please.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjkosh and Queeg500
Let me guess: Short term trading and options. Right?

He pissed away a decent bit on buying (usually very) short term OTM options that expired worthless- rest came from buying up shares to max margin, then anytime there was a drop they'd get a margin call requiring selling at a significant loss. And they did that multiple times.

(to be fair they also got hit by the etrade changing margin requirement from 35% to 70% thing- but again...multiple times so that's really on them)

Did you reply to the right person because I said people was predicting a push down below 550. Don't know where you got 520 and I generally don't post about max pain, just writing what others are saying.
You said "We closed no where near max pain..." All I am pointing out is the max pain in "print" was $520 Friday but that is not what MAX pain was. We did not fall too far from where THEY had max pain altho it was higher by close that Friday than Thursdays max pain, I am sure THEY just closed and rolled a few. THEY made good money that week. Remember THEY only had a must close of under $600 last Friday because Thursday they sold a BUNCH of $600s and yes THEY would have been happier with closer to $550.

Max Pain really doesn't predict any better than the humans that are buying and selling options and as far as that trading goes, think of it more like, 'I don't have to be faster than the lion. I just have to be faster than the slowest person.' In this case drop the "faster" and think of it as one just has to have their options further to the other side than THEY do...... and someone DOES get eaten in the end. OH and the scary part... Lions hunt in packs! So in the end you can get taken out from the side too.

I have mixed feeling on TA. I do use it to pick options targets because enough people follow it to give one good starting points. It really isn't much different than looking at an options open interest chart. It gives one a goal posts but the kicker can and will kick it outside those posts from time to time.

Currently TA and options OI tells me we should RISE from the early morning dip. I do not know where the Lions are in this field of tall grass this week. Today I will close my options that expire this week for a good profit but not at the max I could have made. TA gave me targets. (we hit my red line today) OI chart adjusts my confidence when compared to what is going on.

IT IS GAMBLING! I fully admit that. I am doing this more for fun.