Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just imagine where we all would be if Elon and Tesla employees worked 35 hours a week.

That actually has been a part of my investment thesis many years ago

When I heard years ago that its hard-working hours sometimes through weekends and holiday I knew my money is well invested

When I hear it remains today I feel confident for the future

Hearing they turn every cent despite being a cash printer I know its a good place to invest

Bought some more options, relatively deep in the money. But there were a lot more orders that did not trigger. Will this just resume skyrocketing?

If it is going to based on the inclusion buying, this should make little difference.

Don’t think the market cares about my deductions. Let’s see.

Last edited:
Reactions: corduroy
....where the hell do you go from a $670 open today?

o_O Up.

Yeah, I get it. Slow and steady wins the race. Temper expectations. Don’t hit the soufflé with a sledgehammer. Blah, blah, blah. But Mom has her own schedule and damn it why can’t we just stick to that? I don’t think it’s too much to ask given the circumstances of the past year.

Perhaps a mud wrestling match would be in order? :eek:
E2318A1E-FFB6-4F84-8520-5B12985AAE6D.jpeg

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1336318256391581697?s=21

Let's not overlook the likelihood that Elon and perhaps Hiro Mizuno may have intentionally seized this moment to fire up the Spanking Machine on Level 11. And this isn't just because of the relative puny size of this meager $5B offering to provide less than 10% of the shares that will be bought during the S&P500 inclusion run-up by adding less than 1% dilution. This may be the ultimate "Go away or I shall taunt you a 2nd time" from behind Tesla's moat on top of their ever-growing castle.

IMO it was 1 week ago when Michael Burry essentially admitted to the world that he had 'Burryied' himself financially and 'Burryied' his reputation with his large TSLA short position when he announced through Twitter:

upload_2020-12-8_6-9-1.png

Burry refers to Elon as a 'Good Guy' in the Tweet, despite the fact that he was revealing his large Short position against TSLA......essentially revealing he had taken a position that benefits when TSLA fails. And he does so by pleading with Elon to "issue 25-50% of your shares at the current ridiculous price". Elon owns roughly 34 million shares - so Burry is asking him to sell between 8.5 million and 17 million shares, and doing so while claiming that the price at that time (approximately $575) was a "ridiculous price".

Now 1-week after Michael's plea for a Elon to sell some of his own shares............we see Elon/TSLA issue a statement that TSLA intends to raise $5Billion in Capital with the sale of 'NEW' shares (not Elon's), and the number of shares that will be sold at even higher prices than Burry's rediculous $575 plea will be approximately equal to 25% of Elon's shares that he personally holds. And at current prices that amount of shares is almost Exactly the low end number of shares Burry was pleading with Elon to sell!

Yes, Elon definitely Burryied Burry with the irony of that play IMO. And he did so without significantly reducing his control of the company in any way, shape of form. That is also significantly important IMO. I will be respectful of @AudubonB request to avoid further discussion of Elon's net worth and its impact on the future of TSLA, so I will only mention that historically Elon had to hold as many shares as he does or risk a hostile takeover by others, and that this isn't the first time we have seen people calling Elon a bad person for having so many shares....and that those moments usually coicided with Shorts getting a little too much squeezed in their ever tightening Short Shorts

Last edited:
Something that slipped through this year, for me anyway, is the impact of SP rise on employee retention.

Per electrek this summer, most employees get between $20-40k in options that vest over 3 years. With regular production employees now sitting on $100-600k in options, EVERYONE will stick it out to vest.

Anyone hired in 2019 will be here well into 2022 and won't get poached.

Some time ago I disclosed here that I had sold a few shares. I ddi that in order to establish a cash reserve adequate to ensure that all my cash needs could be met without either borrowing or liquidating other investments. Of course, had I kept those shares I have more wealth today. Frankly I don't need more wealth as much as I need absolute peace of mind.

Many of us think such attitudes are short-sighted. However, adequate cash reserves is fundamental to sound financial management. I had put capital gains ahead of that prudence for some time, assuming I could always generate more cash. Now I am no longer generating outside income. Ergo, much larger cash reserves.

It is always prudent to realize that financial management is quite different depending on ones sources and quantities of reserves and earned income.

Great post...now if only Governments around the world would heed your call.....

Reactions: jbcarioca
On the first day of Christmas my company gave to me.
A factory in Italy.
Is it 12 days before Christmas (or the Inclusion Date). I suggested we start a "Twelve days of Tesla" song by posting suggestions after hours, and picking the winner before AH closes.
I was working with "On the First day of Inclusion Elon gave to me a hibernating bat in a Pine tree."

Last offering was same approach, and it all got sold within 1 trading day I believe.
The only public statement made by Tesla is that the Sep 1st offering closed in full by Sep 4th (that was the Friday, with the Offering coming on a Tuesday Pre-market).

Sounds familar, yet enough to fool the 'bots while investors get free money. :D

Cheers!

It's taken Gary quite long to come to this realisation. VA is one of the very few people I block on Twitter.... absolutely psycho.

I value his input because he's critical of Tesla but knows enough to know it's a good investment. It too often feels like an echo chamber in my circle. Even if he's wrong with most of his criticism, if he's right sometimes it's good to be aware of it.