Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Todd Burch

Voltage makes me tingle.
Nov 3, 2009
Smithfield, VA
Remember a few weeks ago when I said selling at $575 was stupid? Turns out it was.

Remember a week or two ago when I said selling at $615 was stupid? Turns out it was.

Remember when I said last week that selling at $650 was stupid? Turns out it was.

These people selling at $675? Yep.

Remember when I said in 2022 that selling at $1200 was stupid?

No? Just wait for it.

BlackS

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
USA
Needed some humor today:

upload_2020-12-18_7-20-25.png

EV forever

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 23, 2016
Irvine, CA
Well I put in a limit on close order at ~$1500 just in case we get a crazy closing cross. And bought two $1000 calls at $.10 so I dont lose my shares if it executes. I don’t think either will execute, but its a cheap thrill to be part of the action.
What happens if the Stock closes between 1000 and 1500? Would you have to buy the 200 shares at a 1000 even if you haven’t sold the shares at 1500?

Reactions: cbh03

Right_Said_Fred

May 11, 2012
The Netherlands
Macros down... I guess that dosnt help.

That happens when shares in 500 other stocks worth $80 billion have to be sold to make place for TSLA.

This is the first day since the listing in 2010 where macros follow TSLA, instead of the other way around. Hopefully there will be many more when it becomes the world's most valuable stock.

SOULPEDL

Jul 25, 2016
Arizona

UkNorthampton

TSLA - 12+ startups in 1
Jun 15, 2019
Northampton, England
"tsla-stock-price-an-army-of-millionaire-retail-traders-hold-on"

"Elon Musk Has Made Millionaires Out of His Most Loyal Fans
They bought Tesla shares early and kept the faith. After a dizzying year, is it time to cash in?"

intentionally not linked - Dana Hull in Bloomberg this morning.

Could have been her... Imagine closely watching Tesla for years, spreading FUD & regretting year after year, slowly hating those she works for.

Sancho

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2016
Illinois
Wow, the fact that this is even being discussed or debated. Somebody knows what's coming today!
I guess they need to contemplate this scenario: there is a huge run up around 3:30 triggering a halt to trading just before the closing cross mechanics kick in. I bet they don’t have a play for that scenario already written in their playbook.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC