Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah he never called infinite squeeze or crazy price actions that would make many call holders filthy rich. So on a prediction level, he is pretty much in the ball park. What are his thoughts for next week?

Looking at twitter, stock drops down to pre inclusion levels and bounced back a little. Seems like it never reached inclusion levels until a year later. So the support if Tesla drops like a rock is 460 as that acted as the most stubborn resistance prior to inclusion.

I don't really see the point of comparing Twitter's post inclusion stock performance. Twitter's stock performance has been lumpy for years because they notoriously flip flop between good and bad earnings. Contrast that with what the next year and the year after holds for Tesla.

2nd time in ~15 minutes. Somebody has fat fingers? So strange.

fat fingers.jpg

Liking Gary Black or not, dude's been nothing short of prophetic during this run. He called the secondary offering and 650-690 peak. Today he called a non-event day before the close. We still have 3.5 hours to go but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Gary's first SP prediction peak was $460. Changed it after he got ran over. He sells covered calls, take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

From what I can tell 1) LOC order are submitted after 1550 and 2) Indexers shouldn't be interested in limit orders, they explicitly want MOC and MOC only.

If the limit on close fills, it will have impacted the closing price (and indexers with MOC orders will get filled at that price). They don't get to choose who fills their orders.

That leaves the question I have.... WHOs dumping millions of shares today?......The front runners are not dumping yet. They are in for the closing cross. Retail simply does not have that many shares to dump. I am all in for the no manipulation thing but if that is true, who has these millions of shares they want to part with at a discount to the closing price? It is not retail, front runners, or option sellers.

View attachment 618869
Holders of those calls closing the calls out, so the MMs are selling the shares they purchased to hedge for those....How do you know that (second line bolded)?

Reactions: StealthP3D
Liking Gary Black or not, dude's been nothing short of prophetic during this run. He called the secondary offering and 650-690 peak. Today he called a non-event day before the close. We still have 3.5 hours to go but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry but what he does really well is shift the goal post. He never called the secondary offering, it was in fact somebody else and he said it is possible.

do you need some proof of his first price prediction? Here is his tweet the day after S&P inclusion. He started with 460 and in general does a poor job of understanding TSLA float dynamics. Just because someone uses fancy financial terms does not mean he is right or credible. I will give him credit for being right on NKLA but then again there’s a million of us on this forum who made that call too.

0E886463-1A09-4B18-BA25-24CE01598DBC.jpeg

WHOs dumping millions of shares today? THEY can't afford to since they will have to pay them out today. Is short interest going to be WAY up today? The front runners are not dumping yet. They are in for the closing cross. Retail simply does not have that many shares to dump. I am all in for the no manipulation thing but if that is true, who has these millions of shares they want to part with at a discount to the closing price?

That's what I've been wondering all week. Pretty much everyone was expecting this rise the end of this week, yet millions of shares were dumped before then. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm glad it looks like I'm wrong about predicting a close below $600 today. The market is impossible for me to figure out. Much easier to stick to the fundamentals of Tesla innovating and executing on their plan.

That's what I've been wondering all week. Pretty much everyone was expecting this rise the end of this week, yet millions of shares were dumped before then. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm glad it looks like I'm wrong about predicting a close below $600 today. The market is impossible for me to figure out. Much easier to stick to the fundamentals of Tesla innovating and executing on their plan.
In other words, HODL.

My Brokerage's Newsfeed:- hour ago:

Army Seeks Auto Innovators for Huge Contract -- Market Talk
Today 11:37 AM ET (Dow Jones)

11:37 ET - The US Army's Detroit-based vehicle buying unit restarts the race for its $45B troop transport contract after multiple bumps, and is looking beyond traditional defense contractors ahead of selecting five contenders next summer. General Dynamics, Raytheon and BAE among those who could bid for the Bradley replacement, and General Motors is back in the military vehicle business. Program head Brig. Gen. Glenn Dean says the Army also wants to tap innovators in off-road autonomy and material science. ([email protected]; @dougcameron)

WHOs dumping millions of shares today? THEY can't afford to since they will have to pay them out today. Is short interest going to be WAY up today? The front runners are not dumping yet. They are in for the closing cross. Retail simply does not have that many shares to dump. I am all in for the no manipulation thing but if that is true, who has these millions of shares they want to part with at a discount to the closing price? It is not retail, front runners, or option sellers.

View attachment 618869

The plot is thickening :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: capster
If we don't see a big run up then will we see a drop towards close as gamblers give up?

That wouldn't change who can join and comment, it would just require that we know who is watching.
Will we see a big drop just before 120M+ shares are scheduled to be bought and taken off the market? I'm wagering no.

We will see about 20 head fakes between now and then tho!