Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Todd Burch

Voltage makes me tingle.
Nov 3, 2009
Smithfield, VA
Liking Gary Black or not, dude's been nothing short of prophetic during this run. He called the secondary offering and 650-690 peak. Today he called a non-event day before the close. We still have 3.5 hours to go but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

About a month ago, wasn't he expecting a run to only $550-600?

Sudre

May 30, 2012
Look at todays open interest chart. Over 4,000,000 share will be traded for those $600 strike Calls. There is no way they push it down that far. They started selling on Monday (altho 20K were already sold previously) but the SP did not dip below $600. Another chunk sold on the 16th. On the 17th they shot over 40K. There was NO major buying to hedge the shares. That means in MY two cents THEY are going to have to eat into their expected profits to cover these.

I doubt we break $700 but I am confident the $650 strike Calls will get paid out, another 2,100,000 shares. These could be rather profitable since the shares could have easily been purchased at or under $650. If we break that $700 I am guessing we eat into THEIR expected profits again.

That leaves the question I have.... WHOs dumping millions of shares today? THEY can't afford to since they will have to pay them out today. Is short interest going to be WAY up today? The front runners are not dumping yet. They are in for the closing cross. Retail simply does not have that many shares to dump. I am all in for the no manipulation thing but if that is true, who has these millions of shares they want to part with at a discount to the closing price? It is not retail, front runners, or option sellers.

lol.png

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
maybe he did in the beginning, but for as long as I can remember, he's been sticking to 650-690 for at least 3 weeks.
Yeah he never called infinite squeeze or crazy price actions that would make many call holders filthy rich. So on a prediction level, he is pretty much in the ball park. What are his thoughts for next week?

Looking at twitter, stock drops down to pre inclusion levels and bounced back a little. Seems like it never reached inclusion levels until a year later. So the support if Tesla drops like a rock is 460 as that acted as the most stubborn resistance prior to inclusion.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Sudre and gabeincal

dl003

Nov 22, 2019
Texas
Yeah he never called infinite squeeze or crazy price actions that would make many call holders filthy rich. So on a prediction level, he is pretty much in the ball park. What are his thoughts for next week?

Looking at twitter, stock drops down to pre inclusion levels and bounced back a little. Seems like it never reached inclusion levels until a year later. So the support if Tesla drops like a rock is 460 as that acted as the most stubborn resistance prior to inclusion.
He's calling for 10-20% drop, not necessarily all happening next week.

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
If we don't see a big run up then will we see a drop towards close as gamblers give up?
As good as that sounds, I think it could enter TSLAQ territory where it's an echo chamber of bullish investors despite my evaluation that a majority of folks here are rather level headed investors.
That wouldn't change who can join and comment, it would just require that we know who is watching.

StarFoxisDown!

Jan 23, 2019
Seattle

I don't really see the point of comparing Twitter's post inclusion stock performance. Twitter's stock performance has been lumpy for years because they notoriously flip flop between good and bad earnings. Contrast that with what the next year and the year after holds for Tesla.

riverFox

Jun 26, 2018
Colorado
Liking Gary Black or not, dude's been nothing short of prophetic during this run. He called the secondary offering and 650-690 peak. Today he called a non-event day before the close. We still have 3.5 hours to go but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Gary's first SP prediction peak was $460. Changed it after he got ran over. He sells covered calls, take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

thx1139

Aug 1, 2014
Lemont, IL
So how exactly do those MOC and LOC buy orders get filled. If indeed 130M shares are wanted to be bought at close price doesnt that also mean that 130M shares need to be made available by people/institutions that are saying go ahead sell these shares at closing price.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC