Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
So what is stopping index funds to just use limit orders and pin the price at closing price to decrease variance? Say it's 660...over 100 million shares have this limit order. Bids higher than this doesn't get bought..so either you sell it at 660 or bust. And they don't have to fill the entire order in the last 5 mins.

This is almost like a company who just got bought out at x share price. And the stock just instantly pin to that share price.

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Correct. That's detailed in this PDF: https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/content/productsservices/trading/crosses/openclose_faqs.pdf

I picked LOC because I think if there is a big spike, it will be created during the bid/ask pairing during the closing cross. So if my limit + $1 is met at 3:59 PM, the GTC would get filled, but the LOC won't get filled until after the cross closing price is calculated (which could be much higher than limit + $1).
Makes sense, thanks! I don't have to worry about that with the nosebleed limits I have in place, just wanted to make sure they get processed if there's demand.

Sudre

May 30, 2012
Wow I think you called it!
I plan on exercising my one $650 Calls contract and getting my discounted shares (if this day plays out as expected).
Someone always manipulates the stock price down below peoples profit level RIGHT on the minute that Robinhood does the sell off on Fridays. I think it is the front runners that Robinhood uses so they are screwing their own clients.

That red line is what I am guessing (I drew it around Wed of this week) was the average profit line for Robinhood Call buyers. Notice how it dipped below it right at the sale moment. I know it was the sale moment because I have the CASH in my account to exercise YET for some reason Robinhood automatically canceled my sell on the option that I have at set to sell at $62. (it should never get that high) I reset the order and sure enough a few minutes later it canceled it again so I reset it again. They are trying to "accidentally" close my Call.

I like Robinhood for the easy of use but you have to keep an eye on them or they will screw you every chance they get. When you complain they are typically just like, "Oh well.... so sorry." They just canceled the Call for a third time.... geesh. Someone is desperate for shares to dump.

manip.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC