Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a couple of call warrants, that expired last friday. I let them run into expiry. These will be paid in cash, value is derived from closing price on the day of expiry.
So is the closing price last friday $695? Or is it $661, that's what the broker is displaying now as last friday's closing price.

I had a couple of call warrants, that expired last friday. I let them run into expiry. These will be paid in cash, value is derived from closing price on the day of expiry.
So is the closing price last friday $695? Or is it $661, that's what the broker is displaying now as last friday's closing price.

It seems that the official closing price is $695 and from what others have confirmed on this thread all the different platforms have been updating their info to reflect that. Who is your broker where you held these options?

Reactions: saniflash

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-12-21 11-32-34.png
    Screenshot from 2020-12-21 11-32-34.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 63
It seems that the official closing price is $695 and from what others have confirmed on this thread all the different platforms have been updating their info to reflect that. Who is your broker where you held these options?

Degiro, which is owned by Flatex. I sent them an e-mail with a screen shot from Nasdaq page, which shows official closing price as $695.

Degiro, which is owned by Flatex. I sent them an e-mail with a screen shot from Nasdaq page, which shows official closing price as $695.

Let us know how it turns out, as it is interesting. Also I'm not quite sure I understood your first post. "I had a couple of call warrants, that expired last friday. I let them run into expiry. These will be paid in cash...". What exactly do you mean by that? You were the holder of call options? And they were in the money? I don't get what "these will be paid in cash" mean? Or did you sell calls that expired out of the money?

Let us know how it turns out, as it is interesting. Also I'm not quite sure I understood your first post. "I had a couple of call warrants, that expired last friday. I let them run into expiry. These will be paid in cash...". What exactly do you mean by that? You were the holder of call options? And they were in the money? I don't get what "these will be paid in cash" mean? Or did you sell calls that expired out of the money?

Neither. A bit different leverage product, and yes was in the money. It's a warrant that is based on the value of underlying stock, but doesn't give you right to actually purchase stock. Instead it's paid in cash on expiry.
I couldn't find the KID for that particular warrant, but here is one from a similar warrant, that expires in 15th jan 2021, strike is $216.

Attachments

• KID_DE000VP4TPJ6_en-DE.pdf
    49.2 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Johan
MMs will want to keep this under 650 for this week for sure.
Agree .
Last Friday’s close was below $700 meaning those tens of thousands of $700 call options that the market makers sold became worthless and the MMs did not have to find shares to pay them out. MMs accomplishes this by shorting and selling millions of shares at $695 to the index funds.
For this weekly close there are 8865 open positions for the $650 calls priced at $34 that MMs would love to expire worthless.
MM’s strategy could involve a two step down (ie down by a few %, then a rise to get cover their Friday’s short , then a deeper step down much below $650 to cover more by hitting the stop losses and trigger margin calls on those who were too bullish, followed by a weekly close below $650 to avoid paying on those calls. But this strategy could be foiled if some benchmark funds decides to foil the plan and start buy big for keeps. My guess is MMs will have their way if benchmarks thinks there is enough sellers this week so that they can buy some and beat the index. But if selling volume dries up they they will fight to get their shares.

Last edited:
Down 40 in premarket. Going to be roller coaster ride

Its not only Tesla. The tech futures are down 1,85%, and the VIX(fear index) is up 35% since Friday.

The question is if the market is headed for a correction... Have a feeling that the futures will come back up closer to the opening.

650$ now.

Volume is low. It will be interesting to see what happens after 7:00 AM EST.

I've only seen anecdotal reports of non-Tesla vehicles in Europe able to use Superchargers. Anyone have the full story?
image.png

The reply is part of this twitter thread: https://twitter.com/Kristennetten/status/1340507683409969155

Besides, that software glitch where all could charge without payment for a few days, I have not seen or heard from any other car that has an agreement in place.

Would be interesting to know what Elon refers to with low-key

Why does stuff always happen at exactly 7 AM eastern time in the pre-market? The pre market is open to trading way before that, but it seems things always pick up at exactly 7 AM. Is it the fact that Wall Street people "go to work" at 7 AM??

Most retail investors can start trading from 7:00 ET. The 4:00 to 7:00 ET trading window is only available to a select few or you need to sign up for that.