Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree .
Last Friday’s close was below $700 meaning those tens of thousands of $700 call options that the market makers sold became worthless and the MMs did not have to find shares to pay them out. MMs accomplishes this by shorting and selling millions of shares at $695 to the index funds.
For this weekly close there are 8865 open positions for the $650 calls priced at $34 that MMs would love to expire worthless.
MM’s strategy could involve a two step down (ie down by a few %, then a rise to get cover their Friday’s short , then a deeper step down much below $650 to cover more by hitting the stop losses and trigger margin calls on those who were too bullish, followed by a weekly close below $650 to avoid paying on those calls. But this strategy could be foiled if some benchmark funds decides to foil the plan and start buy big for keeps. My guess is MMs will have their way if benchmarks thinks there is enough sellers this week so that they can buy some and beat the index. But if selling volume dries up they they will fight to get their shares.
Of course that's what they want, but will they get it? All that shorting an manipulation last week has a price that comes due today/tomorrow. There are now supposedly 120M shares in the lockbox, and those shares came from the only entities willing to sell.

There will soon be no shorts left to speak of. Short interest has already fallen to 5-6% and I expect now that TSLA is an S&P 500 component, the last few shorts excluding a few diehards who will short to their graves like Thanos and Unicorn will now head for the exits. It's hard to imagine Tesla at a short interest of 1-2% like most of the other big index components but I think that day is drawing very near.

The day of victory is at hand indeed, but I wonder what we will do with ourselves now that Sauron has been defeated. Many of us have spent years committed to a fight against the many interests who have tried to destroy Tesla but now the Dark Lord is gone, the tower of Barad-dûr has been cast down in ruin, and soon Middle Earth will be at peace. What then will the victorious do, when the war has been won?
Even if the FUD 100% stopped today, it would still be years before its effect on the general public will be gone.

My dads from Texas! Love it there. interestingly other than a few friends from high school (graduated 15 years ago) reaching out to congratulate me, it’s been relatively quiet, with the exception of my parents dancing in the middle of the living room that their son had “made it,” it’s a weird feeling though, I feel like I am like only a fraction of the way there and this is all premature haha.
Love it — def a learning curve to accommodate your situation. But I’m glad your “there” still has a ways to go! What part of Texas?

Reactions: Runarbt
Same. I might consider a new used car with FSD - but I wont buy a brand new from TEsla and fork up an extra $10k when I already have FSD on my current car. Then I'd rather delay buying a new car instead.

Edit: You should be able to pay a transfer fee, say 1/3 of FSD price to transfer it to your new car.
I bought it again anyway. It's still cheap and I'm in the camp these FSD cars will not be for sale by next year. Solid arguments behind this.

Besides, it was Q4 revenue, I doubt anyone has a problem with that here. Tesla and I are still scratching each other's back. Win/Win.

Lifetime FSD licenses could/should have been assigned to the person, rather than the vehicle. This way any Tesla that person drives would provide them FSD when their account is recognized. Sort of a bonus for their supporting the development program early on.

Maybe the license could/should have been transferable (could be sold) so the license is treated like an investment. As FSD becomes more valuable the holder of the license could be rewarded (by selling for a higher price) for being an early adopter and supporting the program.

HIndsight 20/20 and all that ...

I've only seen anecdotal reports of non-Tesla vehicles in Europe able to use Superchargers. Anyone have the full story?
image.png

The reply is part of this twitter thread: https://twitter.com/Kristennetten/status/1340507683409969155
I was told years ago by a long time Tesla sales person (in France) that at some point, Tesla will be legally obliged to open their station to non Tesla EV. That a few charger per station would be open to them.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Any comments on the extent to which Friday trading after 3:30 and especially 3:50 was programmed rather than made by individual decisions? Much of the commentary since then seems to assume the latter while we know 2/3 or so of NYSE trading is programmed/algorithms. The implications of the peaks and valleys would be different, no? Surely the closing cross matching was completely automated, so the establishment of $695 had nothing to do with nefarious folks behind the scenes? Same for today’s opening cross?

I bought it again anyway. It's still cheap and I'm in the camp these FSD cars will not be for sale by next year. Solid arguments behind this.

and...
Have you ever lost FSD bc you went over 90 mph while engaged? How do you feel?

Then the next 20 miles without it has me questioning whether I should pull over and be late, or just drive manually. It's partially for this reason I paid for FSD again, plus I don't feel safe without it now. When I do disengage, I feel like the weight is on me to perform extremely carefully and attentively. I'm not making this up but I've been used it for over 2 yrs now. Going back is getting more scary everyday.

OT, is anyone else finding that they get up earlier this year? I was naturally up a 5:30 AM today and fully rested.
Anyway, took some profits earlier - could be a rough week in general. Bargains coming soon?
I find myself going to bed earlier than normal out of pure boredom, so yeah.

I was told years ago by a long time Tesla sales person (in France) that at some point, Tesla will be legally obliged to open their station to non Tesla EV. That a few charger per station would be open to them.

That is correct and has to do with a european regulation that chargers need to be accessible for everybody. Tesla did for a while provide pin codes to make all chargers on private ground only Tesla chargers which was inline with the legal framenwork.

Now that pin code request disappeared but its unkown why and what the agreement with regulators is.

As of now here in Europe there are no other vehicles able or willing to use the Tesla Supercharger.

and...
Have you ever lost FSD bc you went over 90 mph while engaged? How do you feel?

Then the next 20 miles without it has me questioning whether I should pull over and be late, or just drive manually. It's partially for this reason I paid for FSD again, plus I don't feel safe without it now. When I do disengage, I feel like the weight is on me to perform extremely carefully and attentively. I'm not making this up but I've been used it for over 2 yrs now. Going back is getting more scary everyday.

We have two cars, one model 3 with FSD and one Nissan E-nv200.

I keep wiping my window on the nissan, trying to turn on FSD. :-D

Love FSD - it take all the effort out of driving. Rain/bad visibility - turn on FSD. Traffic bump'n go - turn on FSD. Alone on the road - feel like relaxing - turn on FSD. Music on, FSD on and just cruise. :-D