Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THEY need this below $530 or at least rapidly falling towards it for people to sell back their $530 strike Calls. If that happens then the price will be free. If not I imagine we will see a fight every morning this week. I don't think it gets there but THEY will play the games. Next week is even lower than this week with high amounts of Calls with strikes at $520.

It appears the SP500 group has all they need. I see a little 695 high trade this morning just after 9am out of the 660s that were actually trading. That was probably the last guy getting in.

View attachment 619730

Pretty sure you meant 630?

yup, it’s been a while, so Elon’s thinking may of changed, but for several years he basically said all are welcome to join in as long as they cover the cost of their proportion of the usage. ie, Tesla’s previous comments were tied to the mission, and would result in the network expanding in proportion to the incoming models joining it.

I think he said that they had to be capable of charging fast enough to not cause a usage problem too.

Can you imagine pulling into a Supercharger in your beautiful Model 3 and having to wait for a crappy ID3 to finish charging?
Agreed, it will gunk up the flow having to wait for slower charging vehicles.

Hopefully there is a reasonable way of addressing this - higher cost for slower charging, minimum charge rate obligations, charging only available until a certain % of chargers are occupied, etc.

If not, tesla will be stuck with a CapEx burden for other vehicles who want to use the best chargers around.

There's no share-holder vote needed for a split, it's a board decision.

There are not enough outstanding shares authorized to effect anything more than a 2:1 split. A shareholder vote would be required to increase the number of shares enough to effect a 3:1 split. I'm not mentioning this because I think shareholders might not approve it but simply because it takes time to effect a shareholder vote.

In other words, it couldn't be a surprise announcement with a short lead time to the actual split as happened the first split (unless perhaps it was a 2:1).

I would think that other EV's battery tech could not handle the Tesla Superchargers, since they were developed by fossil fuel engineers :)

That's actually a big one.

I remember in an interview a while back Elon mentioned that in theory Tesla was willing to open its SuC network to other brands' cars as long as they'd work on the same connectivity standard (to not require too much extra work from Tesla to ensure compatibility) and could charge at similar rates, to prevent blocking the chargers too long.

Reactions: MartinAustin
As long as there is sufficient capacity, I think it would be great if there were a million+ third party EVs using super chargers every day and paying Tesla something like $20 each per session for the juice. $20M day x 365 days is $7.3B

Has there been any time in the past year or so where FUD wasn't eventually Bullish?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Bring out your FUD!

iu

Had a friend in the investing world bummed he missed TSLA and how there was so much pessimism about it that caused him to disregard it and not participate.

He now views that past reporting and analysis as being "irrational pessimism".

And I see it hasn't stopped...

View attachment 619729

Heading should really be:

"20% predicted TSLA crash does not happen."

TSLA basically stuck the landing, but you'd never know from CNBC and others.
Honestly this is exactly what I expected today. People that jumped in last couple weeks to try to make a short term buck try to cash out close to the $695 mark. Let them clear out and long termers just stick around.

• Love
Reactions: capster and EnzoXYZ
Heading should really be:

"20% predicted TSLA crash does not happen."

TSLA basically stuck the landing, but you'd never know from CNBC and others.

To be fair the 4-digit-SP spike many predicted here and elsewhere didn't happen either.

Overall inclusion was a relatively steady climb without such a huge spike, and as such should have a much gentler pullback as well.

I'm pretty happy with how it's holding up just at the moment...

I do still see a few folks on twitter holding out hope the ETFs didn't "really" get enough shares and they'll get another closing cross spike tonight- so I suppose that might be holding back some sellers... or as others have suggested maybe the benchmark funds are jumping in right now to grab shares $35ish bucks less than the index funds did for an easy win.

It sure looks like the indexers got what they need though (I think we've seen evidence of that from what at least 3 of the biggest 5 so far they already got what they need?) so I think the folks waiting for tonight's cross will be disappointed.

As long as there is sufficient capacity, I think it would be great if there were a million+ third party EVs using super chargers every day and paying Tesla something like $20 each per session for the juice. $20M day x 365 days is $7.3B
Well Ionity in the UK (and Europe I think) charge about $1/kWh to non-Ionity group OEMs (VW group and some others I think), so it's reasonable to return the favour.

Gordon Johnson on CNBC this morning, repeating the same old talking points. Nice to see the host calling on it. Of course, they keep giving him the platform, so... Looking forward to Q4 results.

LOL, "TSLA will have more scrutiny now that it's in the S&P 500."

Yes, and it will come from people complaining that they now own the stock as of today. Gordon must have a large following used as an instrument to manipulate the stock. I think he will fade into the night.