Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best explanation of the last month is that a group of hedge funds and related investors front-ran the SP500 inclusion. They knew the massive demand for shares wd be there and began buying aggressively in the weeks preceding. It's that (+ accompanying squeeze) that accounted for the massive 50% surge in stock price since SP500 announced. You have to say, they did their job well. The bought about the right number of shares and were able to offload them for significant short-term gain. It is this that created the liquidity that avoided a squeeze this w/e. The squeeze happened earlier. If the end result is that we stabilize above $600, that still represents incredible upside from SP500 inclusion compared to where we were. Just possibly we can look forward to a saner balance of shareholders from here on out. Buy and hold long-term longs + index trackers making up the vast majority of public float. From here on out, increases should be driven by pace of Tesla's actual product rollouts and their growing profitability....

Sounds like you lost a lot of money shorting AAPL. Or something like that. The level of ignorance here is TSLAQ-like.
The Joke.jpg

My $695 Limit sell order never executed since that $695 move I heard was a dark pool trade. The public close, I recall, was $655 or there about. No big deal as I was planning to buy it back later anyway.
I had a $680 limit order that executed at $695, but had another $690 order that didn't execute. It was definitely a strange day.

Even if apple made an awesome car, it would only be drivable on apple roads. Then, the tenth generation iCar would be released without windows, wheels or doors, which would be trumpeted as a 'brave' decision. Also, in 2026, all older iCars would no longer work, or would be reduced to travelling at 5mph, for mysterious reasons.

Just wait until Apple removes the charge port.