Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One word: JohnnyCab

EPsWDnEU0AUYEcN.jpg

Thanks, unpainted stainless steel.

Elon did say the future of transportation is individual transportation.

Like many, TSLA has now become the dominant part of my portfolio.

The sensible part of me says “you need to diversify!”

The other sensible part of me says “don’t be stupid, TSLA is once on lifetime opportunity, don’t you dare sell a share”

How are people dealing with these two reasonable points of view arguing in one’s head?

“you need to diversify!” :confused:

“don’t be stupid, TSLA is once on lifetime opportunity, don’t you dare sell a share” :D

The other sensible part of me says “don’t be stupid, TSLA is once on lifetime opportunity, don’t you dare sell a share”

How are people dealing with these two reasonable points of view arguing in one’s head?

I have some other investments that have shrunk to less than 5% of my portfolio over the years.
I have permanently parted ways with financial advisors and their diversification and fear tactics.

IMHO Tesla is the safest and best investment in the future for at least the next 20 years.
Diversifying will only dilute your returns while giving you a false sense of security.

You are here on the TMC Investor Forum.
You are way ahead of the game in your knowledge base.
Tesla is the most diversified group of disruptive companies you can invest in here and now.

Of course, if you need the cash and want to sell some of your golden tickets (aka shares) to another investor then that is a different story...

Otherwise my advice and signature say it all...

I wouldn't think that the Biden team would be looking at such small potatoes at this point but politicians rarely make sense to me.

Is Ellison an investor in SpaceX as well? I have to assume so. Starlink IPO planning could also be on the table. Still big, but not as big as X.

Edit, I see we may have found our new "spoon" type obsession.
If they IPO Starlink he would probably need a new leader. I think Starlink is a year or two from IPO, but he could be doing the early work. Having a leader in place, especially if they did a SPAC and sped up the going public.
Any group thought on a Starlink SPAC? Could it help TSLA stockholders buy early shares?

The X Corp is also something worthy of a face to face walk and talk. I think he’d gain more control of Tesla, but less control of SpaceX. With the big warchest, it might be easier to fund new businesses, like Boring and Neuralink and leveraging crossover skills. Material sciences and AI are critical to each business. That said, I don’t think it really makes sense.

I have some other investments that have shrunk to less than 5% of my portfolio over the years.
I have permanently parted ways with financial advisors and their diversification and fear tactics.

IMHO Tesla is the safest and best investment in the future for at least the next 20 years.
Diversifying will only dilute your returns while giving you a false sense of security.

You are here on the TMC Investor Forum.
You are way ahead of the game in your knowledge base.
Tesla is the most diversified group of disruptive companies you can invest in here and now.

Of course, if you need the cash and want to sell some of your golden tickets (aka shares) to another investor then that is a different story...

Otherwise my advice and signature say it all...

Most of the financial ppl I deal with now try to pry into what I am working on next. They do seem to notice if you out perform others for a couple of years.

My lawyer is now regretting not buying TSLA at $70 when I first talked about it with him. The reply was always "it's too expensive".

My hedgie friend still think it's all hype. That it' impossible for good fund managers, let along normal ppl to beat yhe market. Goes to show that even professionals have no clue and ppl's job don't dictate if they give good advice. But if anyone were to stop me on the street and ask me about financial advice. I'd point them to these professionals.

I've got a toddler, and I opened an edu account about a year ago. It is split in thirds roughly right now with TSLA, ARKG and BPTRX. I feel pretty good knowing my kid is 2, so it's got plenty of time to grow.

I'll tell you what made up my mind real quick.

I've got 3 kids each with edu accounts which I've added 2000 a year to every year (except one year I missed). My oldest is 8 years older than my youngest. When he turned 18 I decided I should diversify his account into stable, mostly dividend paying assets. After doing so, it took my daughters account (8 years behind) about two months to catch up to his account. When I saw that, I said "**** it, I'm going all in on TSLA".

Only diversify a bit of my position. Luckily, this is not a one-bit decision.

Sold most everything else awhile ago and put it into TSLA. I figured I’d let Elon diversify for me. Seems to be working. :cool:

Great question. The biggest and may be the only risk I see is the key-man risk. Plus in terms of share appreciation in the short term(2-3 years) I don't think we will see anything near what we saw in 2020. These two things combined are what I'm using as rational for diversifying my IRA and 401k accounts, from 90% to 70% hopefully in the next few months.

If self-driving comes to life there might still be a pretty good jump.

Personally I am learning to use my previous decision making as a learning tool and not as some kind of "I should have bla bla". As of today based on what I know, I pick a % I'm good with keeping in TSLA. And move on to find other good investment opportunities instead of endlessly mulling over if that was the right decision. Time for me to be greedy has passed so I'm shooting for 50% or less. It is hard since finding other investment opportunities takes time and in this market there aren't many places that haven't been crowded to death.

• Informative
Reactions: vikings123