Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Investment advice: Don't try to time the market and never try to time TSLA

I admit that timing TSLA dosn't always work out, but when it does, it's a DOOZY!

upload_2021-1-7_15-41-38.png

I admit that timing TSLA dosn't always work out, but when it does, it's a DOOZY!

View attachment 625453

My TSLA trading account since mid June (when I made a sizable deposit). I’ve left out the amounts, they are not so important.

I bet most of our portfolios look like this these days :D

Thank you for this, most important (and richest) person on earth.

85CAD522-CDC1-4FF9-9724-CE0EAEA56DD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I made the mistake of reading the comment sections on several articles about Elon Musk being the richest man in the world. It was staggering the amount of ignorance about Tesla and Elon, in addition to overall malice towards an American company trying to help the climate crisis. Everything was: that bubble, that PE ratio, they only sell x amount of cars compared to other car companies, I'm going to short them, it's all a scam...

It made me really thankful for this forum and to share in the views of rational people that understand what is really going on.

I sold TSLA durring the S&P 500 entry.... Thought all the gains were priced in due to the 50% run up.
Please help!
I am having a hard time thinking I can still buy back in (although with allot less shares)
This is the problem with selling when you think there is a short term high and expect it to drop.

What happens if it doesn't drop? Or it drops slightly but not to the level you think it should? When do you buy back in? Can you buy back in if the SP is higher than your sell price? And what happens when the SP runs up 25% higher? It's a hard psychological barrier to push through. Very natural.

The biggest investment mistakes I've made are (1) selling a good stock too soon to lock in profits, and (2) not buying stocks because I think they are overvalued.

So buy, hold, buy more over time, don't stress, enjoy your rewards.

This is the problem with selling when you think there is a short term high and expect it to drop.

What happens if it doesn't drop? Or it drops slightly but not to the level you think it should? When do you buy back in? Can you buy back in if the SP is higher than your sell price? And what happens when the SP runs up 25% higher? It's a hard psychological barrier to push through. Very natural.

The biggest investment mistakes I've made are (1) selling a good stock too soon to lock in profits, and (2) not buying stocks because I think they are overvalued.

So buy, hold, buy more over time, don't stress, enjoy your rewards.
Actually it did drop (to $630), not as low as I thought, and I got side tracked with a remodeling project gone wrong and didn't get back in :(

WTF am I going to do with 3 Roadsters?????

Seriously? Okay let me explain it to you; the plain one you drive Mondays and Wednesdays. The one you wrap in hot pink you drive Fridays and Saturdays. The one that’s painted with stripes you drive Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sunday is of course a day of rest, so you don’t drive anything.

Last edited:
Hey all....when $TSLA hits $1k/share again....as a big thank you to this forum and 2nd family, i will do a drawing for TMC members that what to participate. I will give away a brand new official Tesla Desktop Supercharger (Not the cheap 3D printed crap) in celebration of $TSLA hitting the 4 digit mark again.

Just a small token of my appreciation for the wealth of knowledge i have gained as well as all the 'fun' bickering that goes on here :)

Tesla's S&P 500 Inclusion Part 2: Predicting the transformation of the TSLA float

@FrankSG nailed this analysis... he predicted SP had chance of > $800 back in November.. i need to remind myself that the TMC forum analysis is always way ahead of the market ...

it is truly an honor to be part of this "virtual investment club" ... the work submitted here is second to none and those who have invested their time here have reaped some pretty handsome rewards ....

now back to work ...o_O

EDIT : for SP context TSLA closed $567 at the time of @FrankSG post on 11/30/20

Thank you :) I'm not too unhappy with my prediction.

Although to be fair, I predicted this kind of SP after the S&P dust settles. It is certainly very possible that this movement is still a part of that entire transformation of the float, but there is also some chance that it is not, and that there is a different reason for it.

Actually it did drop (to $630), not as low as I thought, and I got side tracked with a remodeling project gone wrong and didn't get back in :(

Please. It spiked from $658ish right at close to the crossing price of $695 and immediately returned to $658ish the next day. Unless you were here and reading about this event in detail and knew to sell with the proper choice, you missed the high. It then went up and down a bit and hit a low of $620ish. That’s a lousy $38ish difference. You’re going to risk being caught out of this stock for less than $40/share IF you hit those points?! Really? You playing with tens of thousands of shares? That might make it worth the risk to be out the stock. Oh, wait. What’s the price now? Um, no. Not worth the risk.