Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Only substitute "decade" for "year." :)

Talk about having difficulty focusing on work these days.
Supervisor: 'I need you to come in early this week to finish a project'
Me: 'I don't think so'
Supervisor: 'Maybe you didn't understand me. I NEED you to come in early. Your job security is on the line.'
Me: 'I own Tesla stock'
Supervisor: 'Oh.... come in when you can'

And since people seem to care; ARK sold more TSLA today:

ARK 1-8.png

And here are the updated percentages of TSLA held after the sales today:
  • ARKW: 10.55%
  • ARKQ: 12.72%
  • ARKK: 10.90%

Last edited:
Let us take a moment to consider how this all started. A bunch of pie in the sky EV fanatics showed up and bought Teslas, usually sight unseen, cause they were mad as hell and they were not going to take it anymore. By anyone paying attention, they were simply considered mad.

For those that haven't seen it, I highly recommend the video where the very first Model S owners got their key(fobs) handed over. I'll admit it - I was crying (tears of joy). People that had put down big deposits (I think they were 40k, but they might have been more), many 2+ years before Model S shipped, on the hope that a real EV might come along and that this would be the one, and that it'd be more than half decent.

Such a setup for a complete letdown.

And then those first owners went driving and started reporting back - it wasn't just good, or as good as they hoped it would be; it was AMAZING!

That was one of the pieces that got me invested (and a $40k Model X reservation).

I'm in the happy position of having stopped work and living very comfortably off the income from two pensions funds, plus investment income. In the last two days my Tesla gains are worth four years income. 4 Years! It's hard to get your head round that. I'm so glad that I realised a few years ago that "this is the one". I could have easily missed it.