Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier in the day, I rolled my Jan2023 $900 LEAPS into $1000s, same expiration.

Just now levered up by selling some shares and buying a bunch more Jan2023 $1000 LEAPS.

This is my definition of "buying the dip".
I had several DITM Leaps earlier last year. If it keeps going down this week, I'm interested again maybe, but I need a better price still.

Meh. Super easy to push down today with no one buying, massive down pressure on tech, and chaos in the air. Won’t last.

Bought out of my $900 covered call today and will resell at $1200 once we cross $900.

It’s a bit missy right now but Jan 20th will almost certainly be next Wednesday. That should clear things up.

Waiting on hearing what has Elon so excited today....

How cool would it be if they were experimenting with the dry battery electrode process and discovered a breakthrough? :)

Meh. Super easy to push down today with no one buying, massive down pressure on tech, and chaos in the air. Won’t last.

Bought out of my $900 covered call today and will resell at $1200 once we cross $900.

It’s a bit missy right now but Jan 20th will almost certainly be next Wednesday. That should clear things up.

Waiting on hearing what has Elon so excited today....
That's exactly what I did a bit ago, and added 75 shares from couch money. Kept my $1200 CCs for June/July though. Will target that same range when we get back towards 900. $1200 makes perfect sense late in 2021 but I think summer will be too soon to get us there. And of course if not I'll take a 50% appreciation from here and be happy enough.

So which one of you guys is Jason?

That's exactly what I did a bit ago, and added 75 shares from couch money. Kept my $1200 CCs for June/July though. Will target that same range when we get back towards 900. $1200 makes perfect sense late in 2021 but I think summer will be too soon to get us there. And of course if not I'll take a 50% appreciation from here and be happy enough.

So which one of you guys is Jason?
You either have a big couch or have discovered a couch with money branches :)

Quick add on question, If I can payback what I borrowed on margin before settlement date, do I still incur interest? Just trying to see if I can “borrow” on margin as it’s faster then money getting transferred from my bank account (takes me 3 days due to FX). Thanks! :)

Yes you will.
Interest starts immediately. No free lunch here :)

Reactions: LN1_Casey and Phobi
I forgot to mention that I saw ARK selling TSLA late last week (for all those people who think they only buy sell to adj their 10%).

I'm not sure I understand your point. Even after their recent sales of TSLA all of their funds are still >10%:
  • ARKW: 10.55%
  • ARKQ: 12.72%
  • ARKK: 10.90%
That will probably come down a little with the price move today, we will see in an hour or so.

I haven't spoken to my friend who just opened a TD Ameritrade and bought one share of TSLA on Fri. Then they said they were going to buy more soon. Hopefully they waited.

This is why advise is so risky. Yet I'm that confident of Tesla long term accelerated growth curve, I did help a close friend get in. Of course I gave all the disclaimers and stories about volatility, but we all wish our friends could do well here too. (At least they talk about how they plan to, but mostly don't.) So helping them set it up is the nudge they need sometimes, and all it took was the suggestion to knock them off the fence into owning some TSLA future.

Side note, I was not qualified for their $50 referral bonus, only my friend got it. That's bc I manage my own money now and so my coaching new clients is probably not encouraged by TD. Now they must be asking, how did I get to a new customer before they did, right? Welcome to a very new marketing paradigm today... Word-of-Mouth.

Benzinga - today: BofA Raises Tesla Price Target Following Stock Rally

Excerpt: John Murphy maintained a Neutral rating for Tesla, while raising the price target from $500 to $900.

TheFly - today: Tesla price target raised to $800 from $400 at Credit Suisse TSLA - The Fly

Excerpt: Credit Suisse analyst Dan Levy raised the firm's price target on Tesla to $800 from $400 and keeps a Neutral rating on the shares
Hi Guys, I am newbie and hold some Tesla shares at price point of $470. I am trying to understand what had happened today. Please could you or someone help explain a bit....
Thanks