Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing once these things are rolling out of Austin it'll be fixed. It seems the China ones are near perfect. It's probably just the issue of not wanting to shut down or slow down the line to fix it. I'm sure all future lines will be mint.

The alignment & panel gap issues are not line related, or they'd all be equally good or bad. The issue must be a training\culture issue with at least some of the assembly line workers and QC at Fremont. No one, having bolted that door on should think it looks good enough! (For the Brits. 70's British Leyland could have done a better job on Friday afternoon!) I just can't understand how this wasn't eliminated very early in the production ramping stage. There must also be an issue with final QC inspection, as there is just no way that car would get out of a factory with a properly functioning quality control system.

My understanding. But that beckons the question that after building cards in Fremont for 8+ years, WTF is going on there that they cannot fix properly in terms of fit an finish?

It's not excusable, but let's consider that Sandy's car is probably late-Dec 2020 production and a result of maximum push to meet production numbers. I've no idea where that car falls as a representation of what is averaging off the production line, nor do anyone else that isn't Tesla.

The alignment & panel gap issues are not line related, or they'd all be equally good or bad. The issue must be a training\culture issue with at least some of the assembly line workers. No one, having bolted that door on should think it looks good enough! (For the Brits. 70's British Leyland could have done a better job on Friday afternoon!) I just can't understand how this wasn't eliminated very early in the production ramping stage. There must also be an issue with final QC inspection, as there is just no way that car would get out of a factory with a properly functioning quality control system.

There was just recently a story about Tesla supposedly working on using cameras and AI to do QC checks.

Apparently they can't find humans in CA who are any good at it.

Tesla job posting about this said:
“The vehicle engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Quality Inspection Engineer to apply their experience with vehicle assembly lines and manufacturing software systems to lead the installation and operations of automation camera inspection systems into existing manufacturing lines.”

“Own the designs for new automated quality inspections created with the help of vision technicians and other engineers and lead the day-to-day work of the team to implement those inspections.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2021/01/14/tesla-planning-south-austin-show-room.html

"Tesla Inc. plans to build out a showroom and service center in South Austin, public records show."

"Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) intends to spend an estimated $2.5 million to renovate a 30,000-square-foot facility at 500 E. St. Elmo Road, according to a Jan. 12 Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing."

"The newest Tesla facility will be located in The Yard, a 200,000-square-foot complex in the redeveloped St. Elmo warehouse district in South Austin...The complex has become a hot spot for up-and-coming Austin businesses...Juiceland has warehouse space in the complex, along with Still Austin Distillery, St. Elmo Brewing Co., The Austin Winery and a coffee shop called The Spokesman."

(more info in the Journal article- subscription required but there may be a few free articles per month. Anyone interested in business in Austin should subscribe..)
Something tells me that FSD better be working for those waiting to get their Teslas fixed.

Hey everyone! I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but I'm back with some noobie Options questions. 2 years ago when I bought my first Tesla I also became a member of this forum. I stumbled into the TSLA Trading section of the forum and really learned a lot from everyone here and from researching a lot. Long story short, I ended up buying a good number of shares back then and the rest is history.

I am by no means well versed with trading stock or much associated with it, but I'm happy to do as much research as possible to see if I am the type of person that can do Options trading and be successful. With that being said, what are some successful strategies that would be good for someone very entry level like myself? LEAPs, covered calls, etc.

Be gentile!

Reminder:
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 7.19.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 7.20.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 7.20.38 AM.png

1/22/2016: $40.51
1/17/2020: $102.10, 2.52x increase
1/15/2021: $837.89, 20.68x increase
1/14/2022: (12-month bull price target by Wedbush): $1250, 30.85x increase

As an aside, anyone know a good app that can place multiple time markers on a single stock chart? ha ha ....

FYI: Billionaire Ron Baron: I could make 30-50 times my money on Tesla over next 15 years

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 7.20.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 7.20.56 AM.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone! I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but I'm back with some noobie Options questions. 2 years ago when I bought my first Tesla I also became a member of this forum. I stumbled into the TSLA Trading section of the forum and really learned a lot from everyone here and from researching a lot. Long story short, I ended up buying a good number of shares back then and the rest is history.

I am by no means well versed with trading stock or much associated with it, but I'm happy to do as much research as possible to see if I am the type of person that can do Options trading and be successful. With that being said, what are some successful strategies that would be good for someone very entry level like myself? LEAPs, covered calls, etc.

Be gentile!

Try here: trading

Be gentile!

You can check out these threads:

Options trading strategy/advice

Applying options strategy 'the wheel' to TSLA

Confusing for the FSD system in a real world moose-test. Decisions, decisions.

Drive through the moose?: no problem.
Swerve around it? - ditto.
Dive off the road to avoid it? - Easy.
Slide sideways into loose sand, try to get on 2 wheels to go round it? - Why not?

Just need SpaceX thrusters to make it properly interesting.

seeing reports on Twitter and elsewhere that along with the Model S and X, the Skateboard chassis that occupy many showrooms are also disappearing -- another piece of circumstantial evidence that implies the S/X refresh includes the structural battery pack design.

This raises several questions:
  1. Will there be 18650 / 2170 versions of these structural packs?
  2. Will tabless cells be manufactured in 18650/2170 form factors?
  3. Who will be manufacturing these packs?
  4. How close to mass production is the dry electrode coating process?
  5. Does Tesla expect to use 4680 form factor for its entire fleet eventually? If so, what is the timeline?

Cathie's original bull case was $15,000 in five years, which would be right around your $2800 prediction there. Given Tesla's execution this past year I feel you might be right, Cathie could make her previous bull case the new base case somewhere around $3000 by 2025. If so, then I wonder what the new bull case alongside that would be? :eek:

Their 2020 model showed very high value for FSD/Robotaxi, but a rather low probability of achieving it by 2024. I expect the FSD Beta will have them up their probability significantly. This should have a very large effect on the expected value (and the bull cases).

Last edited: