Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh, I have so little (less than non) in other nations actually committing and keeping promises that I don't give a flip. Climate issues are being addressed by the market and nothing else. The whole Paris accord is a giant plate of steaming bull excrement being served to naive citizens from China to Germany but especially in the EU.

They claim to be using "green" energy by burning woodchips grown by converting healthy dynamic Native forest in the US into monoculture pine plantations that are fertilized sprayed etc. Nothing good, sustainable, or useful about swapping locked up carbon for biomass carbon. Especially when the production of the biomass carbon destroys hundreds of thousands of acres of real forest...that was actually locking up carbon. That's just one example of the hypocracy. Here's another...paying Chinese coal fired plants that are due to be shuttered huge payments to stop production and claiming carbon offsets. Meanwhile...China burns even more coal.

Tesla and solar power have some possibility of solving climate change. Kill utilities, oil, and auto transport. That might get us somewhere. Paris treaty...just don't see it.

Well, where as I agree with your post overall, I don't agree with what I highlighted in bold. Obviously burning recent, atmospherically sequestered carbon I way better than digging up 100m yo stuff and burning it. The former is carbon-neutral, maybe even slightly positive as the ash/charcoal left after the burning process will surely retain some CO. Whereas bringing fossilised carbon is reintroducing CO from the past that is pure just adding to the problem.

FYI: Say.com has opened the questions for the Q4 call: Say

Boy the questions are as sad as ever. And people can't take the time to see that their question was already asked, multiple times, so voting gets fragmented. Say is going to have to do more moderation if they are going to be taken seriously. (IMO)

"Questions for Elon Musk on Tesla’s Earnings Call + Oppenheimer TSLA Price Target" | Tesla Daily

Tesla has conditional approval to start building it's battery factory in Berlin
upload_2021-1-21_9-34-34.png

It took me an hour to get this joke, and when I did, the pain was delicious
I would have glossed over this if you didn't point it out but, I want add on a serious note, my wife and I have an electric mower and WE LOVE IT. Electric isn't just superior for cars. No stink, no grease, no gas cans, oil changes or winterizing. Just slap in the battery and go. Quietly.

Well, where as I agree with your post overall, I don't agree with what I highlighted in bold. Obviously burning recent, atmospherically sequestered carbon I way better than digging up 100m yo stuff and burning it. The former is carbon-neutral, maybe even slightly positive as the ash/charcoal left after the burning process will surely retain some CO. Whereas bringing fossilised carbon is reintroducing CO from the past that is pure just adding to the problem.

Only sadly they are often converting active deeper living ongoing carbon sinks. If the EU would end the silly biomass fuel programs than pressure would decrease, marginally to be sure, on quite a bit of forest. Personal pet peeve here in Virginia as I am a forester and fuel chip programs facilitate forest conversion.

I would have glossed over this if you didn't point it out but, I want add on a serious note, my wife and I have an electric mower and WE LOVE IT. Electric isn't just superior for cars. No stink, no grease, no gas cans, oil changes or winterizing. Just slap in the battery and go. Quietly.

I can't praise my EGO self-propelled mower highly enough. 4 years old now and going strong, I don't baby it at all and leave it outside (covered) all winter to below freezing without problem. The battery quit accepting a charge after 2 years, and I called customer service anticipating at best a pro-rated credit with some hassle, but there was no problem whatsoever, had a new battery shipped no charge and in my hands 3 days later. Highly recommend based on my experience so far with the company. I also have a string trimmer from them, works great no issues.

VW despite "selling" lots of cars at the end of December to their own dealerships still managed to to miss their EU targets for 2020. Will have to pay over €100 million. Jaguar Land Rover also missed their target while Daimler and BMW did reach theirs.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

There is no subscription needed to read for me at least.

Try using a scythe. Been using one for a year now. Works great, all the advantages mentioned above plus some fitness gains. Just needs a minute or two of sharpening before each use.

Question here is whether 850, which was definitely not a number they wanted to see TSLA close above yesterday, is now support and base for a run into earnings... which are suddenly very close. If macros continue to sparkle, I would think a run at 900 is called for pre earnings. Upper BB above 900... it is calling....

When exactly? Eh, just buy shares not an issue. Buy options? Jack be nimble....

VW despite "selling" lots of cars at the end of December to their own dealerships still managed to to miss their EU targets for 2020. Will have to pay over €100 million. Jaguar Land Rover also missed their target while Daimler and BMW did reach theirs.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

There is no subscription needed to read for me at least.

Possible big advantage for Tesla in EU emissions credits etc vs legacy with dealers

"emissions data will be based upon actual registrations, not production" - registration probably different in each EU country.

Registered sale might be counted if car is at dealer OR in some countries, only if goes to end customer.

The VWs at dealers might not ALL count.

Some posts about Swiss ID3 resales - half of all sold in Switzerland up for sale.

https://twitter.com/meckimac/status/1351815636465426433

"The VW ID3 was the 3rd most sold EV in Switzerland in Q4/2020 with 698 registrations after the @tesla Model 3 and the @Groupe_Renault Zoe.

What's a bit troublesome is the big number of ID3s that are available for sale on @AutoScout24_ch: 392. That's more than 50% of all ID3s."