Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is scary is that their experiment worked, on multiple stocks all at once no less. This means the forum will be on the hunt for additional companies with massive shorts and will attack them in due time. Welcome to a massive wealth transfer from hedge funds to longs who support companies and despise the thought processes of most shorts (FTFY).

I can see Nikola tripling on something like this..lol.

Also now wsb is giving meme stocks protection as now they are the gate keepers. Glad tsla is a meme stock they love.
So, shy should it be scary they like TSLA and get rid of shorts?
This is just a variant of Larry Niven's (ESSEFF author) "flash crowds" who can teleport from anywhere on the planet, come to fruition, "teleporting" with laptops, Ya know "the death of distance"

After carefully studying the Bollinger bands, the 20 day, 50 day, 360 day, and 1000 day moving averages, the RSI and MACD indicators (both regular and inverted), AND taking into account the new vertical integration/manufacturing and cost savings of the improved Tesla muffler bearings, I can say, with 100% confidence, that the SP after earnings will be above $900 per share, or below $899.99.

Nicked from Twitter :D

Esll8ouXABEbd5v

A good question..

An even better one is what will the result be. A lot of underweight funds combined with some still short tesla could make the next days interesting.

I though still have a feeling it will drop after Q4.

It would be cool, every once in awhile, to post on this forum sometime when you actually DON'T think it's going to drop.

It would be cool, every once in awhile, to post on this forum sometime when you actually DON'T think it's going to drop.

It would be even more cool if some people here would keep POLITICS out of this thread.

And even cooler if we Mods (1) didn’t have to mis-spend our time deleting most - let alone all - of them, and (2) made good on our promise to TimeOut the offenders

TDI says Tesla has partnered with Samsung on a new 5nm cup for self driving
I guess your cup is usually more than half full! (I hate autocorrect too)

A 5nm chip with other things being equal would actually increase range a few miles. The power draw could be less then half. They will probably use that for more processing power though. That is a huge advance in itself.

These Korean papers are usually very well informed in all things Samsung and LG. The only confusing part for me is the infotainment vs FSD chip distinction. But this could be due to the google translate though - maybe some of you K-Pop fans can help us out :) .

So AFAIK:
  • Samsung is currently making the HW3 FSD chips at its Austin, TX fab, using 14nm tech.
  • According to an earlier report HW4 (Tesla chip Gen 2) was supposed to be built by TSMC suing 7nm
This report now says Samsung and Tesla are working together on 5nm chips that will be used in infotainment but also mention self driving. So which is it?
  • TSMC will make HW4 FSD, while Tesla will ditch Intel for the infotainment/instrument cluster and it will be replaced by Samsung 5nm chips, or
  • Tesla has stopped working with TSMC, skips 7nm, and will use Samsung 5nm tech for both FSD and infotainment, or
  • The Samsung cooperation is next-next gen stuff, call it HW5 for simplicity.

I wonder if it's possible Tesla will spin their own infotainment chip as well, similar to the ARM-based M1 Apple went with.

The big attraction would be the power/thermal envelope that would be possible...

I wonder if it's possible Tesla will spin their own infotainment chip as well, similar to the ARM-based M1 Apple went with.

The big attraction would be the power/thermal envelope that would be possible...
The power consumption difference would be negligible compared to everything else. Even if the current Intel SoC was using 60W (it's not, mobile applications tend to target sub-15W), that's not much gain when pushed down to say 5W. It's less power than even the seat heaters would use.

The TPU's use way more power and is a better target to upgrade.