Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the only guidance i've heard so far for 2021 deliveries was an offhand "probably 50% increase over last year, and we'll probably exceed that". did i miss more formal guidance at some point? That implies 750k delivery guidance, which is obviously very conservative.

From the pack:

upload_2021-1-28_0-11-34.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Christine69420
I think the drop could be algos selling as soon as they see 'miss on earnings'? Then the ripples through retail investors happen, sell orders get triggered, etc. I might be wrong though.
Sure, but there was a distinct almost $10 fall while they were discussing batteries. I know low volume but it's not like anyone was buying during positive message..

• Helpful
Reactions: Cherry Wine
Super bullish. If it dips that's just the usual shenanigans.

I will however be selling half my holdings in the next couple days to buy a really nice house with 3 garages plus a 1300 sqft workshop with 14 ft ceilings. Banks won't finance me because I only just became rich in 2020 so I gotta go all cash.

You'll catch me crying about it in various fully paid off Teslas.

Not sure where you are, but within the US you should be able to get a mortgage based on assets from a mortgage broker. Rates over the past week have been in the 4-5% range.

Dude, get a line of credit with your shares as collateral. Finance yourself. Pay back later, after stonk doubles.

If stock brokers are giving the loan, they're basically using margin. The rate can be low, but I'd rather not reduce brokerage margin and would rather get a mortgage via an asset depletion loan instead.

Last edited:
Elon again states that FSD, when ready, more than doubles revenues of Tesla instantly. And all of that extra revenue falls to the bottom line. Margins become insane.

And this extra revenue and margins is happening now with sales of FSD options in car sales, and will continue to grow even before the first regulator approves robotaxis. For example, Elon just indicated that Chinese consumers are not buying FSD now at the rate of US and Europe. They need to see it working better to believe it. Elon is very confident that sometime this year, FSD is certainly going to be good enough to convince the Chinese market to start taking the FSD option. Ka-ching!