Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really not a big deal. The people affected the most would be early adopters who paid less.... Either way, when you sell your Tesla vehicle WITH FSD, you get $A more than without. You buy a new one with FSD for $B more than without. Since Tesla won't allow transfer, it costs you ($B - $A). Not worth all of the bitching IMO.
So when I sell my Tesla Model X, which has FSD, the buyer gets the FSD? Is that how it works? I'm planning on passing that along to the buyer when my new one is delivered.

I might be in the minority here - I personally love the move to the new steering design.

Very similar to my racing setup for the F1 games, I hope they keep this design in the Roadster

upload_2021-1-28_15-49-28.png

Talking about an individual vehicle and ones pushed as Tesla killers. The Renault Zoe is not pushed as a Tesla killer. Is VW planning on producing 100K ID3 or ID4 in 2021?

...Yes?

VW delivered over 100,000 BEVs in 2020 already (just shy of 134,000 from the #s I'm finding), including 56,000 ID.3s despite not starting deliveries until September.

So when I sell my Tesla Model X, which has FSD, the buyer gets the FSD? Is that how it works? I'm planning on passing that along to the buyer when my new one is delivered.

Correct- FSD stays with the car.

(exception is if the car is sold back to Tesla- at their discretion they could remove it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now between 3.2 and the 1.99 sec, there‘s room for a nice Model 3 Ludicrous. Or a 2k optional acceration boost for performance owners. But honestly, I‘d rather have the new cell chemistry fix the low temp. problem for regen and charging. Waiting for the 4680 data on that problem to order a Y for wife and my next 3.

There is probably no reason why they can't eventually make a tri-motor Plaid-lite, for the 3 and the Y, and throw in a steering yoke.
It makes more sense with a 4680 structural pack, and a few other improvements.

An additional interesting addition is the rear gaming screen, for families with kids this is a handy feature, we might eventually see it in all models.

Reactions: T@oo and Nocturnal
After-action Report: Thu, Jan 28, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Laughs at Feeble Shortzes after Record Earnings"

Pre-Market Volume: 1,501,187
SP: $820.00 -44.16 (-5.11%)
Data as of 01/28/2021 09:29

Traded: (Pre+Main Session) $21,403,185,941.94 ($21.40B)
Volume: (Pre+Main Session) 25,751,060
VWAP: (Pre+Main Session) $831.16

Close: $835.43 / VWAP: 100.51%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $840 (N/C from Wed)

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 2.070094% (Jan 27)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $791.905B / 754.797B = 104.92%
Note: Yahoo Finance yet to update Mkt Cap for 7.91M shares issued Dec 11th (+$6.61B)
CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including Dec 11th shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $774.65B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $484.21B

Mkt Cap req'd for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved on Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 37.1% (35th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 59.3% (55th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 0.88% of Short Volume (49th Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2021-01-28.png

QOTD: @Cosmacelf "How are people forgetting that RH's real customers are the hedge funds?"

Comment: "Robinhood gets 40% of revenue from HFT firms like Citadel (who bailed out Melvin)"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Supporting the WSB cause has done wonders for Elon's twitter account. I think he is up half a million followers in 48 hours.
I made a comment on twitter that was something like "it was great when the CEOs of Ford and GM stepped up for the little guy...oh wait." in response to that tweet. WSB folks already love Tesla tendies, and now some of them have some real cash. They won't be buying mustangs IMO. More buyers for Teslas and TSLA.

There is probably no reason why they can't eventually make a tri-motor Plaid-lite, for the 3 and the Y, and throw in a steering yoke.
It makes more sense with a 4680 structural pack, and a few other improvements.

An additional interesting addition is the rear gaming screen, for families with kids this is a handy feature, we might eventually see it in all models.
Yes please. Obviously I have assorted tablets for the kids but that's something else I have to deal with on a trip. I'd love to have a rear screen for Netflix and games.

I made a comment on twitter that was something like "it was great when the CEOs of Ford and GM stepped up for the little guy...oh wait." in response to that tweet. WSB folks already love Tesla tendies, and now some of them have some real cash. They won't be buying mustangs IMO. More buyers for Teslas and TSLA.

Yes please. Obviously I have assorted tablets for the kids but that's something else I have to deal with on a trip. I'd love to have a rear screen for Netflix and games.
Please no. I can see the need or want for a third screen in the Y. But "everyone" has been complaining that the Model S/X has not really been flaship models with everything better on the Y. Though the S still costs twice as much as the 3. The top of the line products needs something except 0-60 times to be clearly exclusive for them. So I hope they do keep it like that especially for the Long Range model it needs more then a slightly bigger size than a 3 to justify the price.
Not to mention that Halo vehicles needs a decently sized halo for them to work.

Just transferred my Robin Hood account.

Hope they don't go belly up before it is complete. Reports are that they are tapping all their credit lines. I was going to transfer as soon as I heard about today's actions anyway, but now I am in a hurry.

Fair question as to what would happen if Robin Hood imploded. Could they function as a Lehman for 2021?

I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen tomorrow both in those micro stocks targeted and in the macros as it turns out that shortz everywhere are suddenly being hunted but are more than happy to destabilize the markets overall to save their skins. I guess almost all people would fit that description....

Then again, I never have any idea what is going to happen tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just transferred my Robin Hood account.

Hope they don't go belly up before it is complete. Reports are that they are tapping all their credit lines. I was going to transfer as soon as I heard about today's actions anyway, but now I am in a hurry.

Fair question as to what would happen if Robin Hood imploded. Could they function as a Lehman for 2021?

I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen tomorrow both in those micro stocks targeted and in the macros overall as it turns out that shortz everywhere are suddenly being hunted but are more than happy to destabilize the markets overall to save their skins. I guess almost all people would fit that description....

Then again, I never have any idea what is going to happen tomorrow.
Just did my transfer as well. Even if they go belly up, I think the common shares you own will still trace back to you. I don't think you can transfer until all margins are paid and all options are closed.

...Yes?

VW delivered over 100,000 BEVs in 2020 already (just shy of 134,000 from the #s I'm finding), including 56,000 ID.3s despite not starting deliveries until September.

I'm afraid you're giving VW a bit too much credit. It's true that ID3 deliveries only started in September, but VW had been building those cars since Spring and storing them on large parking lots awaiting a solution for their software problems. That puts that feat in a different light. There are also indications that many of the ID3s that VW registered in December had not been sold to customers. Thousands of them can still be found on dealer lots. By registering them in 2020 VW managed to lower the EU penalties for selling too few low and zero emission cars.

Just did my transfer as well. Even if they go belly up, I think the common shares you own will still trace back to you. I don't think you can transfer until all margins are paid and all options are closed.

I also transferred everything today. I kept that account for YOLO type stuff and because I liked their UI/UX, but no more.

Just a headline and some of the article...

General Motors to eliminate gasoline and diesel light-duty cars and SUVs by 2035

Big U.S. automaker says it will invest heavily in electric vehicles and become carbon neutral by 2040.

General Motors said Thursday that it will end the sale of all gasoline and diesel powered passenger cars and light sports utility vehicles by 2035, marking an historic turning point for the iconic American automobile company and promising a future full of new electric vehicles for American motorists.
Passenger cars are disappearing; and light SUV's don't include their profitable large SUV's; and there's no mention of pick-ups or vans. There's room for lots of ICE vehicles even if they do what Mary says. (but she did say carbon neutral by 2040)