Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He lost me after highlighting Norway, he punched through the globe. I just feel like it is done in a not-so-subtle way to be honest and would've appreciated a little more class. Not really important though, it's just my opinion.
DE06036C-7C17-46D8-B1A2-4ACCC6FA2BFB.jpeg

So awesome. GM pays for advertising way in advance of vehicles they haven't even made yet, and won't be able to capitalize from for years to come (2025?!!), while promoting EVs that Tesla makes and sells now. And still no cost to Tesla for advertising. You can't make this stuff up.
:p
I can add that the Norwegian Prime Minister has answered the "attack" in the ads:
https://twitter.com/erna_solberg/status/1356666920217567232?s=20
Yes I kind of like that... both that she answers and that EVs get extra exposure

Posted in the GME thread, but may be of general interest...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/02/yellen-gamestop-regulator/

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and other top financial regulators will convene amid GameStop stock craze
WaPo

"Bob Hockett, a professor of law and finance at Cornell and former New York Federal Reserve lawyer, said regulators may look at whether the identities of the traders involved in the GameStop stock volatility were transparently disclosed.

He also said regulators are likely to look at whether leading hedge funds were in violation of the rules on short-selling. Hockett also raised the prospect of imposing new oversight over some of the trading platforms, such as Robinhood, under parts of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law passed in 2010."

The Terrifying Warning Lurking in the Earth’s Ancient Rock Record

"This sauna of our early mammalian ancestors represents something close to the worst possible scenario for future warming (although some studies claim that humans, under truly nihilistic emissions scenarios, could make the planet even warmer). The good news is the inertia of the Earth’s climate system is such that we still have time to rapidly reverse course, heading off an encore of this world, or that of the Miocene, or even the Pliocene, in the coming decades. All it will require is instantaneously halting the super-eruption of CO2 disgorged into the atmosphere that began with the Industrial Revolution.

We know how to do this, and we cannot underplay the urgency. The fact is that none of these ancient periods is actually an apt analogue for the future if things go wrong. It took millions of years to produce the climates of the Miocene or the Eocene, and the rate of change right now is almost unprecedented in the history of animal life.

Humans are currently injecting CO2 into the air 10 times faster than even during the most extreme periods within the age of mammals. And you don’t need the planet to get as hot as it was in the early Eocene to catastrophically acidify the oceans. Acidification is all about the rate of CO2 emissions, and we are off the charts. Ocean acidification could reach the same level it did 56 million years ago by later this century, and then keep going."

and

"We are imposing a rate of change on the planet that has almost never happened before in geologic history, while largely preventing life on Earth from adjusting to that change."

Fresh out of TMC jail for posting a gif of Kim Kardashian and calling fellow forum posters lemmings (unforgiveable, should have known better).

But ALSO my 3 is fresh out of the shop after I hit a guardrail at about 90 mph going over the pass in Jackson WY. Repairs took much longer than I would have liked, and when they were finally about done, my app announced that Tesla service centers would now be offering body and suspension work, which would surely have cut weeks off my repair time. :rolleyes:

But that's bullish for future service needs, and will make a difference; I wasn't going to make a scene about it because I'm still deeply invested in TSLA, but the slow service and parts delivery was blowing my mind, and was not up to par.

When it was all said and done, however, the car looked exactly as good as new. This is the only physical object I really have 'feelings' for. Somehow I love it more and more every day.

This is my baby in Yellowstone several hours and several hundred miles after leaving the body shop

InShot_20210203_074941952.jpg

So awesome. GM pays for advertising way in advance of vehicles they haven't even made yet, and won't be able to capitalize from for years to come (2025?!!), while promoting EVs that Tesla makes and sells now. And still no cost to Tesla for advertising. You can't make this stuff up.
:p

You can not make this stuff up. Wide shot of a cool looking SUV:

"Actual production model may vary. Not currently available"

Then what are you advertising???

With some perspective it's actually an extremely bearish signal. Reeks of desperation. GM stock should be down 20%.

Model 3 with LFP cells: The big nextmove winter test

Detailed charging-report from Germany for the MIC M3 with LFP-Battery (all SR+ RWD).

(Including video with reports of people where i.e. the car goes from 14% to 0% instantly)

Main Takes:
- LFP still seems to be shaky & customers are used as "test-subjects"
- Dial-in of the BMS takes time & is much harder than with NMC (in China people got asked to charge up to 100% once a week)
- 440km WLTP-Range -> drops to 150km in Winter under bad circumstances
- 250km in winter under "good" conditions.

Last edited: