Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think FSD needs to show promise outside of the USA. At the moment, here in the UK, consensus is that it is nowhere near worth the money.

Interesting. During my days of doing a daily M25/M1 crawl, I would have happily paid $10k to be able to relax in traffic. For me, FSD is fun & interesting on the open road but it really earns it's keep in heavy, stop/start traffic which should make the UK a prime use case.

Interesting. During my days of doing a daily M25/M1 crawl, I would have happily paid $10k to be able to relax in traffic. For me, FSD is fun & interesting on the open road but it really earns it's keep in heavy, stop/start traffic which should make the UK a prime use case.
The problem is not that Europeans, or the Chinese, doesn't want FSD. By all reports from those using it here it's lacking several features and from what I read it seems to perform worse as well. It's just not as developed yet.

Once the version available here is better and monthly subscription is introduced the take rate should skyrocket.

You should never put your feet on the dash, like that. If there's an accident and the airbags go off then you'll get badly injured.

Edit: OK, I'm at least the third person to point this out, but cannot be stated enough times how dangerous it is

This is the perfect example of a human tendency I've been applying to investing over the last year - Humans have a tendency to overly discount the likelihood of negative events with a low probability of occurring. Since an accident probably won't happen, having your feet on the dash isn't a problem, because an accident won't happen, right?

Negatory on that. Too close to too many people. Too well-known. Not remote enough. Etc.

Is this more to your liking? It has a nice level building site and would be super easy to defend:

314823f1a98458a57aefaa5aee868bc5.jpg

Well known, yes. But with natural defenses like this, who cares? Good solar and wind potential and I recommend sinking an elevator shaft down the center. The only fly in the ointment is that you couldn't gain title for at least 4 more years and it would take some key bribes in the right places.

I agree.

He was open from the beginning in how/when he invests in TSLA.
He tweeted everyone that he would exit his position if Tesla would have BTC on their balance sheet. And he did!
Why being upset if someone is consistent in his investment? He also kept his price target near $1000 for the coming 6 months.
You don't have to agree with his thesis.
Someone said it nicely: you live by the word, you die by the sword. Gary sticks to his principles

The problem is that Gary Black uses a social media account to express investment opinions - and only such opinions.

So when he tries to talk down the Tesla share price to his 50k followers it comes to mind that the SEC expressly forbids fomentation.

TACC and Autosteer are pretty good for that to be honest. I do use them regularly for just that purpose.

I think FSD needs to show promise outside of the USA. At the moment, here in the UK, consensus is that it is nowhere near worth the money.

Once beta is widespread in the US and Tesla can start to look at how it integrates into other countries' road systems maybe the take rate will increase.

For now, there are too many issues with TACC and autosteer to give any confidence or incentive to purchase other than a veiled threat that 'prices are likely to increase'.
Agree. I believe the next beta release is very important. Since it's been awhile since the last update significant improvement needs to be demonstrated to give credence that FSD will actually be a "thing". If improvement is minimal I suspect the stock price will reflect some new pessimism.

Reactions: 15Peter20
Do I have this straight.... Black think's that because Tesla is not disclosing Q1 guidance, then they're hiding extra soft Q1 deliveries? (And BTC.) But that's every year and every car company.
And the auto chip shortage, there's nothing indicating a shortage for Tesla (anyone?). I would put Nvidia at equal risk with Tesla on that matter - so I'm not concerned and it has a very unlikely impact. (Unless Tesla is using the legacy auto CAN technology, lol).

Conclusion: Buy buy buy!

Do I have this straight.... Black think's that because Tesla is not disclosing Q1 guidance, then they're hiding extra soft Q1 deliveries? (And BTC.) But that's every year and every car company.
And the auto chip shortage, there's nothing indicating a shortage for Tesla (anyone?). I would put Nvidia at equal risk with Tesla on that matter - so I'm not concerned and it has a very unlikely impact. (Unless Tesla is using the legacy auto CAN technology, lol).

Conclusion: Buy buy buy!

Kirkhorn mentioned it on the earnings call.

Some speculation that today's drop is partly due to Rivian's IPO announcement. I guess that's dumb enough to be true.

Eh I don’t. I’ve seen a very media driven narrative speculating Elon will once again be in trouble with the SEC over his Bitcoin tweets. There’s hit pieces overstating or outright lying about the MIC quality and safety issues as well as the false it’s Berlin report. It looks orchestrated to me to create a short attack to collect on some stop losses in the low 800’s. No doubt they’re trying to break 800 because there will be a lot of stop losses around that level. I think they know they only have a certain amount of time until Biden announces his Renewable energy plan

Last edited: