Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

SOULPEDL

Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Do I have this straight.... Black think's that because Tesla is not disclosing Q1 guidance, then they're hiding extra soft Q1 deliveries? (And BTC.) But that's every year and every car company.
And the auto chip shortage, there's nothing indicating a shortage for Tesla (anyone?). I would put Nvidia at equal risk with Tesla on that matter - so I'm not concerned and it has a very unlikely impact. (Unless Tesla is using the legacy auto CAN technology, lol).

Conclusion: Buy buy buy!

henchman24

Dec 18, 2019
Wyoming
Do I have this straight.... Black think's that because Tesla is not disclosing Q1 guidance, then they're hiding extra soft Q1 deliveries? (And BTC.) But that's every year and every car company.
And the auto chip shortage, there's nothing indicating a shortage for Tesla (anyone?). I would put Nvidia at equal risk with Tesla on that matter - so I'm not concerned and it has a very unlikely impact. (Unless Tesla is using the legacy auto CAN technology, lol).

Conclusion: Buy buy buy!

Kirkhorn mentioned it on the earnings call.

StarFoxisDown!

Jan 23, 2019
Seattle
Some speculation that today's drop is partly due to Rivian's IPO announcement. I guess that's dumb enough to be true.

Eh I don’t. I’ve seen a very media driven narrative speculating Elon will once again be in trouble with the SEC over his Bitcoin tweets. There’s hit pieces overstating or outright lying about the MIC quality and safety issues as well as the false it’s Berlin report. It looks orchestrated to me to create a short attack to collect on some stop losses in the low 800’s. No doubt they’re trying to break 800 because there will be a lot of stop losses around that level. I think they know they only have a certain amount of time until Biden announces his Renewable energy plan

Last edited:

SOULPEDL

Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Reactions: NooB_cat

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
Any signs that the EV tax credit will be restored for Tesla?

Yep, it's pretty explicitly restored in the GREEN Act which was reintroduced by the House subcommittees yesterday. Here's the bill description: https://mikethompson.house.gov/sites/mikethompson.house.gov/files/GREEN Act 2021 sxs.pdf

The provision expands the qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit under Section 30D to apply a new transition period for vehicle sales of a manufacturer between 200,000 and 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs), under which the credit is reduced by $500. The provision replaces the current phaseout period (which begins at 200,000 vehicles) with a phaseout period that instead begins during the second calendar quarter after the 600,000-vehicle threshold is reached. At the start of the new phaseout period, the credit is reduced by 50% for one quarter and terminates thereafter. For manufacturers that pass the 200,000-vehicle threshold before the enactment of this bill, the number of vehicles sold in between 200,000 and those sold on the date of enactment are excluded to determine when the 600,000-vehicle threshold is reached.

So Tesla gets an additional 400,000 vehicles worth of ITC. Also worth noting they're introducing a 30% energy storage tax credit that would apply to Powerwall and be stand-alone from the solar tax credit, and a $2,500 refundable credit for low-income families purchasing used EVs.

mickificki

Mar 25, 2016
Long Beach, CA
https://twitter.com/davidtayar5/status/1359553697555091456?s=21
675BE782-F3C0-455A-9C06-B399569EB123.jpeg

mekberg

Jan 5, 2015
Madison, Wisconsin
Yep, it's pretty explicitly restored in the GREEN Act which was reintroduced by the House subcommittees yesterday. Here's the bill description: https://mikethompson.house.gov/sites/mikethompson.house.gov/files/GREEN Act 2021 sxs.pdf

So Tesla gets an additional 400,000 vehicles worth of ITC. Also worth noting they're introducing a 30% energy storage tax credit that would apply to Powerwall and be stand-alone from the solar tax credit, and a $2,500 refundable credit for low-income families purchasing used EVs.
So ~6 months of Tesla's production. Got it.

HG Wells

Martian Embassy
Apr 5, 2016
Visas Tuesdays 2-4

So, I should sell my model 3 NOW and wait a couple of months and buy two model Y's ?

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC