Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

SOULPEDL

Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Why is everyone so exited about this possible BH inclusion? I predict that the chosen company / stock will be bloody Etsy, as at the last well known event not that long ago ;-)
You might be Bloody Well Right. And if not TSLA, my hunch says that FUD stories will leverage how BH was smart in not investing in TSLA early on because of its crazy valuation! (In hindsight, that sounds ludicrous). To pile on that theory, just run down the stock today, and make it look like it's true - self fulfilling prophecy? Get ready if so... last chance to get rich maybe!

SOULPEDL

Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Just no catalyst for the next month to push things either way. Volume is extremely low today.
Everytime I think that way, something new emerges with Tesla.
In life, I use the 3 day rule which has a way of completely changing circumstances, variables, and the path forward. It could be India reception, a flying car on video, peer to peer video conf in car, Texas changing position of BEV sales and ordering Megapacks, or any of the unknowns still with the new batteries. 3-Days is all I need.

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
Have we hit one of these crayon MA support lines yet?
Not quite:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-16.12-01.png

Cherry Wine

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
California
Eh, if we don't get the surprise Buffer position, I think this thing is destined to be sit in this upper 700 to low 800 range until we get closer to Q1 P/D numbers. Just no catalyst for the next month to push things either way. Volume is extremely low today.

Positive is this is a great accumulation period for anyone that's in the position to build up their share count because if Tesla is really targeting 1 million P/D for 2021, it will be evident from Q1 P/D numbers.

Two positive catalysts off the top of my head: FSD rollout / subscription service (anytime), passage of EV incentive legislation (next 4-6 weeks).

EDIT: Oh, also, Ark Invest's updated thesis.

bigsmooth125

Oct 16, 2012
United States
One would think that the Texas power outages with electricity trading at monstrous premiums today would be bullish for Power Walls. Demand is insane.

View attachment 637269

Sauce: Bloomberg (U.S. Power Crisis Leaves Millions Cold, Dark as Blackouts Expand)

Demand isn't the main problem. Problem is that Tesla has been slow in producing and installing their power walls and solar roofs. And given Tesla's history, it's hard to predict when they'll be able to ramp up production.

2daMoon

Mostly Harmless
Nov 25, 2020
Terra
Over the past few weeks there was someone posting about Bollinger pinch points, and before that there was some Pennant scribbles that I had seen which looked nice.

Now, I don't worship or practice any of the charting disciplines and related arcane arts, nor profess to weilding magic of any sort (other than casting the HODL spell), but I've always had a knack for drawing pictures and think this one turned out kinda pretty.

tslachart.jpg

Any art critics care to offer feedback?

asburgers

Sell order in at $8008.5
Sep 23, 2020
South of the Artic
Over the past few weeks there was someone posting about Bollinger pinch points, and before that there was some Pennant scribbles that I had seen which looked nice.

Now, I don't worship or practice any of the charting disciplines and related arcane arts, nor profess to weilding magic of any sort (other than casting the HODL spell), but I've always had a knack for drawing pictures and think this one turned out kinda pretty.

Any art critics care to offer feedback?

Well done! I like circles because they remind me of pie. I love pie.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC