Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first one will happen close to end of the year.
The second one will happen close to end of the year.
The third one will happen close to end of the year.
The fourth one will happen close to end of the year.
And the last one will happen close to end of the year.

Why so positive?
So....you're saying $TSLA trades within a small range till EOY? :)

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and AZRI11

Why so positive?

Lol your timelines are way....way different than mine. S/X will only take a 1 quarter to ramp back up to full production. Berlin will be outputting Model Y's by Q3, Shanghai success and exports from Shanghai are already visible(not sure why you're saying close to end of year for that one especially).

Unless this is a satire post? I'm terrible at picking on up on satire on internet forums :confused:

This is just flat out WRONG.

Statistically speaking, the TX grid is just as reliable as any other grid in the USA:
https://www.nerc.com/pa/RAPA/PA/Performance Analysis DL/NERC_SOR_2020.pdf

I lived in TX for more than a decade, the fact is that this place is NOT prepared for temperatures below 20F, period. They just don't see them often, and if they do they are NOT sustained like they have been during this cold period, so the power generation facilities (FF, nuclear, and renewables) are not weatherized like they are further north.

I talked with a friend that lived in Dallas for 50 years, and he says he has only once seen it this cold for this long, and that was ~25 years ago. Grids are simply not built for these edge cases, period.

All grids have edge cases where they have problems: i.e. the Western grid was woefully unprepared this past summer for the drop in solar production due to skies filled with smoke for weeks on end.

EDIT - I do agree that TX will continue to lead the nation in the transition to renewables, but it won't have much to do with this cold snap. It will continue to be the pricing of renewable power, nothing more, nothing less.

if they did not decouple from the national grid there would not have been an issue. Proof of this is that parts of Texas not on the ERCOT grid are doing just fine. Power could have been feed from other parts of the country as plants within the grid began to shut down.

This is a poster child of how deregulation can go wrong.

if they did not decouple from the national grid there would not have been an issue. Proof of this is that parts of Texas not on the ERCOT grid are doing just fine. Power could have been feed from other parts of the country as plants within the grid began to shut down.

This is a poster child of how deregulation can go wrong.

Same argument can be made for California and it's rolling blackouts this summer.

Oh . . . wait, they ARE still part of the western grid and that STILL didn't help (there is NO national grid, despite what some here wish to believe - there are multiple regionalized grids - see my post above with the NREC link).

Why so positive?
Are you guys forgetting FSD - close to end of the year.

Fine. 10 more!! This market is bizarre. Any specific reason for the fall?

Actually following the indexes quite well, with the xX% factor

upload_2021-2-17_18-13-45.png

Actually following the indexes quite well, with the xX% factor

View attachment 637552

Only because the "indexes" don't run during after-hrs and during the pre-market.

Have a look at the drops while the Market isn't "open". This is pure abuse by priviledged market participants (with the sanction of the SEC).

Last edited:
Q:

Do wall street analysts have to begin to model FSD into TSLA market valuation once its out for wide release?

Analysts do not have to value in anything according to their own special brand of stock "valuation"
Lots (in fact most, with a few exceptions - ARK, Chamath) do not value in anything but the cars produced when creating targets and valuation for TSLA.
We get to value it though as our own aggregators of our personal investment thesis'

Long story short - no

This moron FERC commissioner is on CNBC saying there's no way to know what's happened in Texas. "Maybe it's that renewables didn't show up or maybe it's gas". How are these clowns still in office and not replaced on day 1?

"Federal energy regulatory commissioner on Texas power grid recovery" | Commissioner Neil Chatterjee appears in this video. The chairman of FERC is Richard Glick (Nov 2, 2017 who continues his appt in the new Admin)

Last edited: