Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prediction, next major run up will come from the first automaker announcing they will leverage Tesla Dojo for ML training, and possibility buy Tesla FSD hardware. Per Elon there has already been talks, and my guess will be Daimler who called it quits with Nvidia. This will be a major blow to Nvidia and may suck 100 billion market cap from them right into Tesla.

I'm not sure we even know what Dojo is at this point. In his interview with Lex Fridman yesterday, Jim Keller said that Tesla had pivoted a few times on Dojo since he left and he was interested in seeing what they came up with. Explains the seeming delay of Dojo. Also relevant discussion related to offering Dojo to others as a general solution. See 1:23:45.

Last edited:
No creativity here with what Tesla should do with Bitcoin gainz.

Sometime this year, Tesla is going to end up with at least 3 billion in profit from BTC purchase. And at some point, they should definitely sell a bunch because it will eventually "tank" for multiple years as it always does after a huge runup.

Tesla needs to YOLO their control of the energy economy.

Buy minority ownership of multiple cell makers, mining operations, etc... so Tesla always gets first dibs.

Supply secured.

Or for more fun, just buy Bolivia.

You think? I don't. Looks to me like we're in limbo for a while and will wander the corridors of +/- 800 for a while. I don't think any analyst PT's will change this, did they ever seriously, other than downwards? We need buying volume, and what will do that in the current climate? I don't know, even FSD is a USA-only thing, should it happen.

My person feeling is that we're in for long period of consolidation following years of SP suppression. The current Tesla valuation is ridiculous based on a snapshot of the present, it's VERY forward-looking and relies on a lot of execution without too many hitches along the way.

I think GF4&5 starting production will help, same way as GF3 was a total surprise to the markets (despite us knowing all about it from day one), CT in particular could ignite the stock again, but that's towards the end of the year, if not next.

Not trying to be a Debbie-downer, just the way I see it.

I agree. TSLA is not going to have huge growth again until they start showing huge profits (likely due to people buying $10k+ FSD driver assistance) or showing really impressive FSD to where people start really modeling robotaxi stuff.

This could start happening later this year. But we will see it a mile away before mainstream does.

You think? I don't. Looks to me like we're in limbo for a while and will wander the corridors of +/- 800 for a while. I don't think any analyst PT's will change this, did they ever seriously, other than downwards? We need buying volume, and what will do that in the current climate? I don't know, even FSD is a USA-only thing, should it happen.

My person feeling is that we're in for long period of consolidation following years of SP suppression. The current Tesla valuation is ridiculous based on a snapshot of the present, it's VERY forward-looking and relies on a lot of execution without too many hitches along the way.

I think GF4&5 starting production will help, same way as GF3 was a total surprise to the markets (despite us knowing all about it from day one), CT in particular could ignite the stock again, but that's towards the end of the year, if not next.

Not trying to be a Debbie-downer, just the way I see it.
OK, I'll ask you tomorrow then.

Couple of things.... I disagree with those thinking that LFP batteries are being used at Fremont. Reason being, profitability and energy used to transport - assuming the entire packs are coming across on cargo ships to Fremont? Is that really the best way to make a profit on the base model where margins are already slim? It has always been Elon's goal to reduce "transporting atoms around the globe." It also reduces the U.S. content of the car and increases its Chinesd content, a situation I think Elon has been deftly avoiding so far. Also, presumably we can identify the LFP battery via labelling and no Model 3 owners have reported any changes.

Secondly, Austin won't be "fully ramped up in 2022" unless you are only talking about the initial building that is under construction. There are 2,500 acres to play around in and, in addition to design offices, sales/showroom, test track, delivery center, surface rail head, Boring company offices/plant/travel station, environmental trails and so on, there is ample space for at least one more similar-sized factory. I expect Austin to produce 5 million vehicles/yr plus powerpacks/megapacks when it is fully maxxed out by 2030.

Do not forget that Panasonic is building 4680 lines in Sparks. When? We do not know, but it's probably safe to say that Sparks will precede 4680 production elsewhere. That is: unless somebody in China beats them to it, like Tesla Shanghai.
Early this month, Reuters reported on GF Nevada: Panasonic plans to start test production for the new line - for Tesla’s 4680 battery - in the financial year beginning April 1, [Panasonic CFO} Umeda said.

Hopefully GF Nevada will start 4680 production for use in vehicles in the first half of this year.