Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enough batteries have been found to make JUST LR
Best answer so far...
People are freezing or burning, either way batteries needed. I bet this is a shift in response to serious new orders on Powerwalls and Megapacks. Just my 2 cents, but all this stuff on "mistake" or "no demand", come on people... serious? The Tesla lineup changes all the time. This was intended as a buying opportunity, and I slept in. Oh well.

This will be my last reponse since you've already decided. However for those who haven't, here's some points:
  1. Tesla Semi production has not be confirmed. We have rumors, but you'd expect anyone that works at Giga NV to have some insight. You ignore how he intends to defend tweeting about future products outside of official channels. This indicates risky/unsanctioned behavior, not reliability
  2. Plaid was not hard to see coming. Even I predicted Plaid (in great detail here) and with high accuracy two years ago. Maybe Bill reads my feed? :p
  3. Elon says a lot of stuff. So what? It doesn't add any support to claims made by Bill
  4. 1.1M Guidance is the least confirmed rumor ever. You are acting irresponsibly just by waving it around as if its true
My 'biases' have seen me hold with my $57 cost basis through 12x gains. I'll hold my 'biases' over highly dubious tweets all decade long, thanks just the same.

But you have fun on the twitters, okay?

1. Tweeted a Semi emoji the day before Elon's leaked, surprise email about Semi production
  2. Changed profile pic to Plaid day before it went on sale
  3. Said SR Y was coming, directly conflicting Elon's own words. NO ONE saw that coming
  4. 1.1M guidance certainly is still speculation, but he tweeted about it 3 weeks before the recent discussion about 1M here
And how the heck can you say he can't know about CATL LFP packs because he works in NV? Does Elon only know what's going on at all the different sites because he has a jet?

Thanks for the condescension - I will have "fun on the twitters."

Got back above the 50 day moving average and immediately pushed down even though Nasdaq still coming back......Yeah I'd say everyone should expect this to end up under the 50-day moving average at the end of the day.

Market Manipulators goal will be to try to use the low volume and restricted trading priviledge of the pre-Market to drive the SP below critical support levels. If they can get it to Open below these levels, they become a ceiling rather than a floor.

Lol, and people act 'surprised'. Can't say Market Manipulators aren't predictable, though... :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-22.10-05.png

EDIT: SP was capped with a ceiling at the 50-Day Moving Average (~$770). There was a 138.6K burst of selling at 09-50 ET (more than 2x the vol of the previous minute) to enforce the cap.

Cheers!

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I don't think this is manipulation. My covered calls are dropping massively today and accelerating as we speak. This looks like these long call positions are being unwound which leads to MMs selling shares to un-hedge. I think the spike in 10 year yield as well as the lack of news in TSLA are all contributing to this move. Market looks neutral on TSLA. Put IVs are also dropping.

Trying to see through all the noise and nothingburgers.

again, any official word from Tesla on ANYTHING would be amazing. I get it there is no PR department anymore..... but what the heck!
One official statement between ERs would be nice...... Seamingly only words we hear is from SEC filings and Elon’s rando Twitter.

but I have faith...... but I’m sure others are getting shook, which I view as possibly avoidable with any sort of public update. Mb it’s just a big quarter..... who knows.

hope y’all are having a good day!
BT

Picked up another 25 at $753 from a few weak hands. Took 5 fills at 1,2,5 and 15 each. I'll take it. Waiting for the next drop.

This is what I think of the FUD today! Not what I expected, but always open to new offerings. I don't expect another drop, my trusty friends at ARK been buying TSLA recently.

upload_2021-2-22_8-16-46.png

For what it's worth, I don't think this is manipulation. My covered calls are dropping massively today and accelerating as we speak. This looks like these long call positions are being unwound which leads to MMs selling shares to un-hedge. I think the spike in 10 year yield as well as the lack of news in TSLA are all contributing to this move. Market looks neutral on TSLA. Put IVs are also dropping.
Right after I posted this, call IVs began to pick up as TSLA dropped further. Looks like someone is shopping for calls during these dips. Might not be enough to counter the macro headwind but at least it doesn't look like we're being targeted like in the old days.

LEAPs are starting to look very attractive.

Just had a call from the Tesla rep who’s keeping me updated with the 7 seater since the beginning, he just called me this morning to inform me about the SR Model Y disappearing and they have received a email from Tesla headquarter telling them to push the current inventory to all the customers who ordered a Standard range. Seems like the SR 7 seater will never exist, it has been officially abandoned by Tesla.