Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I could tell at a glance if LEAPs were "cheap", I really need to get myself up to speed on IV calculations. It's probably pretty easy to see how moves like today are impacting IV, as a dumb human I just want to make sure I'm getting a better bargain than yesterday's dumb human! Perhaps a stroll through the Trading thread....

Couldn't get to my account before a $750 order triggered. A drop like this isn't gonna bottom out at 10:25!!!! Ah well, missed a couple bucks.

Hold!

FFA84C12-0A98-4D5C-9268-ECA2BC0B0966.jpeg

My Mar 19 call is up today despite TSLA tanking nearly 5%. If it can shift back into D, that will send call values skyrocketing. Just waiting for the rocket fuel to ignite.
Yeah, you can make a pretty good argument that we've come to the end of this most recent "consolidation period" of low volume/volatility and it has to break one way or the other. IMO this morning action is MM attempting to make that direction down. If you don't buy into that, this is a free additional 6% as we prepare for the next leg up. To commence......Wednesday?

Some more sites spotted:-
https://twitter.com/Yaghus2/status/1362713474028220416 Wyton and Alconbury - 6000 cars

Note the speculation on Tesla replacing Merc/BMW due to UK company car changes (Benefit In Kind - BIK) - also applies to lots of EU where company cars are a big part of the new market.

View attachment 638043

Tesla effect - lease rates/OEM financials for other makes of car will suffer. I suspect independent lease companies (esp for company cars) will penalise legacy OEMs but support Tesla/EVs

I spoke with someone at the weekend about something else. I've never mentioned this subject with them before (dumping new/nearly new ICE cars by the thousand in storage areas).

Towards the end of the call, they changed the subject to talk about this! I can't verify anything.

Some notes:-

1) They mentioned other locations (I didn't know them)

2) Lots of break ins by thieves, stealing catalytic converters & subsystems with lots of chips (for the chips)

3) At least one legacy OEM cannibalising stored vehicles for engine parts.

4) Their own company (not cars) struggling to get chips they need

On the daily chart 730 area and then 695. There's really not a whole lot of support when you look at the daily chart. Need something, you know a FSD subscription or Elon email leak lol.
Slight shift to covid recovery stocks like CCL and Disney. I wouldn't worry about today as tsla is just having a run of the mill dip vs my other high PE growth stocks. I don't mind tsla dip if everyone is suffering. Just hate those days when tsla is down and everyone else having a party.