Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is money coming out of bonds for covid recovery equities and commodities driving rates higher. I guess the thought is the rotation is tech investors derisking and going bonds and covid recovery stocks as well. This may have nothing to do with inflation which the fed already said doesn't exist.

Yeah, this is based on the specter of inflation which the MM and the stock pundits have been foaming about since the election. Self fulfilling prophecy. Interest rates were and are so low it is easy to sell bonds and join the swing trade. I saw the ten year yield jump five basis points in half an hour this morning. I would guess 1.5 % is a line that cannot be crossed without major stock market damage.

The whole thing is comical of course because a market crash will crush yields which everyone knows.

How desperate do you have to be to make EVs in order for teaming up with Fisker to sound like a good idea?
CNBS and Cramer bashing ARK/Cathie and Tesla like stock.
Clearly they want to stocks to fall and are irritated why it hasn’t and it is wrong.

People are really out there buying Kohl's and selling Tesla. Not sure if that is hilarious or sad.

Now they will instead use more compute for some pixels and less for other. I guess they will crop them, send some of them through a few more layers, then crop other pixels and send them through fewer/no layers. This probably have to be static through all environments and also all sensor setups so this will not be based on the current situation but instead more general.

Why do you assume the cropping will be static through all environments?

I believe they are probably training the AI so it can "look" around the scene, much like a human does, and learn how to pay extra attention to the important areas of interest (that the AI identifies on the fly). This is what was missing.

If these areas were fixed, it could not accommodate the fact that the driving environment is not flat and not all roads intersect at 90 degrees.

This development will allow the AI engine to select the areas of maximum importance, for example, when pulling out into traffic, it will identify the different points on the horizon from which fast moving traffic originates and run separate processing to identify fast moving vehicles at longer distances so it can enter the stream of traffic more intelligently.

Apple supplier Foxconn teams up with Fisker to make electric vehicles
BY Reuters
— 8:13 AM ET 02/24/2021
(Reuters) - Electric-car maker Fisker Inc ( FSR) said it will work with Apple supplier Foxconn to produce more than 250,000 vehicles a year from late 2023, jumpstarting its shares on Wednesday.

Interesting...

Fisker: Hey, if we somehow come up with a bunch of money and a viable product two years from now, will you make stuff for us if we pay you?
Foxconn: Sure.

*Fisker stock goes bananas*

Watching an entire fleet worth of MYs evaporate is part of the journey.
Flipside of this:

At the next all time high, sell just enough TSLA to buy that new Model Y, and you'll effectively buy your car at a huge discount relative to buying now. You'll also be giving back almost directly to Tesla and Elon's mission.

Rawlinson agreed and moved release date from "Spring 21 to 2nd half of 2021."

This is almost a nothing burger.

No, it's not. Not on the planet I come from. Every delay pushes the transition to EV's further into the future.

Tesla was not given a free pass on their production delays and Lucid will not be given one either, especially considering that Tesla is just starting to hit their stride and they're running, not walking, into the EV future. Every delay puts Lucid into an even more challenging position.

Edit Plan still calls for 6k units delivered for 2021 and 20k units delivered in 2022.

Anyone can make a plan, the market wants to see them do it.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose...-says-first-deliveries-have-been-delayed.html

Before we just move on to a new trading day, we should note that TSLA certainly made history yesterday in terms of a single day market cap swing. There may be a few bigger one-time market cap drops in the history of capitalism, but there’s never been a one day drop and reversal anywhere close to that magnitude.

And, all on no news.

When you measure the impact in terms of total dollars, the impact on the little guy investors is seismic. Maybe manipulation had no role in it, but if I ran the SEC or a Congressional committee, I’d want to investigate such a glaring anomaly that caused such a wide and deep hurt.
So, HOW MUCH WAS IT!?

MMD o'clock.

And macros:

4E7AE933-B704-4859-B7F4-C2A1B8338022.png

• Informative
Reactions: NooB_cat
It is artificial because it was pulled out of thin air. There is no government mandate or industry standard for that deadline.

Finally, I thought this day would never arrive!

I'm glad you finally agree Elon isn't late with FSD and the robo-taxi network since there was never an industry standard time frame or government mandate. The timeline was arbitrary all along. ;)

I imagine it’s so he can claim he’s diversified?

Edit: Nailed it!

It's true though. ARK provides exposure in other companies that would never been on our radar otherwise (genomics, printing, etc). At a certain point, having your entire portfolio in one or two companies creates unnecessary risk.