Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reuters - 2 hours ago: UPDATE 1-Biden rushes to address global computer chip shortage via latest executive order

Excerpt:

Administration officials said Biden’s executive order, to be signed at 4:45 p.m. EST (2145 GMT) on Wednesday, will launch an immediate 100-day review of supply chains for four critical products: semiconductor chips, large-capacity batteries for electric vehicles, rare earth minerals and pharmaceuticals.

Let us beat this horse, again. Another study, that will get US industry going. What is Biden going to do with this?

What's shameful is that they are still proposing to measure the time to complete a digital transaction in days rather than minutes. And they act like they are being modern. :rolleyes:

From the Project Ion paper:

https://www.dtcc.com/~/media/Files/...user-documentation/project-ION-paper-2020.pdf

"During high stress/high volatility periods, buy-side counterparty exposure and NSCC’s Clearing Fund requirement both increase considerably. For example, during the recent volatility of March 2020, margin increased dramatically by more than 300 percent over historical averages. A shortened settlement cycle would significantly lower margin requirements for clearing agency members and reduce both pro-cyclical margin and liquidity demands by an order of magnitude. The reduction of liquidity demands and lessening the amount of money that needs to be collected at any one time is a key benefit that will strengthen our financial markets, especially during critical market events that result in periods of significant market volatility. "

Reuters - 2 hours ago: UPDATE 1-Biden rushes to address global computer chip shortage via latest executive order

Excerpt:

Administration officials said Biden’s executive order, to be signed at 4:45 p.m. EST (2145 GMT) on Wednesday, will launch an immediate 100-day review of supply chains for four critical products: semiconductor chips, large-capacity batteries for electric vehicles, rare earth minerals and pharmaceuticals.

Isn't it great the Tesla has been ironing out its supply chain for years to mitigate and hedge these risks and suddenly when legacy auto starts to try and realizes "oh... this is really hard..." they cry for government intervention? Fun times.

There's a Bitcoin thread.

* this post is also OT
It's not about bitcoin, it's about the DTCC and the reduction in settlement time from T+2 days to T+1.

It's the most important change to Clearing House rules contemplated since the reduction in settlement from T+3 to T+2 days back in 1995:

Yeah, bitcoin didn't exist then...

Discussion pretending that the DTCC doesn't need to modernize with blockchain 'proof-of-stake' technology should hereby be moved onto the appropriate AOL chatroom.

:p

upload_2021-2-24_10-18-34.png

Let us beat this horse, again. Another study, that will get US industry going. What is Biden going to do with this?

Exactly. POINTLESS executive order, wasting Gov funds.

If there is demand, then chip suppliers will see profit and scale operations accordingly (yes, I know this takes "years" to build a fab).

EO's like this are like a king ordering someone to produce a unicorn. Just because you say "do it" doesn't mean it can be done.

It's not about bitcoin, it's about the DTCC and the reduction in settlement time from T+2 days to T+1.

It's the most important change to Clearing House rules contemplated since the reduction in settlement from T+3 to T+2 days back in 1995:

Yeah, bitcoin didn't exist then... :p

Again, tracking this since 2015/2016...

WEF 2016: What Financial Leaders Said About Bitcoin and Blockchain

“Even at Davos, every single tech panel I have gone to mentions blockchain and some people call it ‘the second coming.’ But while we think it’s very interesting, we don’t want to, and no one wants to, be blindsided by rushing into it [as the technology is still developing].”

It's 2021 now. Probably better off in another thread of the multitudes there, but Tesla now has an investment in BTC.

• Informative
Reactions: joh01652
Please consider this for artistic purposes, rather than as any sort of fortune-telling.

Having found some crayons, here's a drawing I made circling past contact of the SP with the lower BB.

Plus as a bonus, I've added one of those pretty Pennants.

Some say (in Jeremy Clarkson's voice) the flag pole length in $ leads crazy folk to prognosticate the potential upside a breakout might achieve. For those so inclined, the Red one is 300, the Green one is about 200. Take your pick. I just like the colors, they remind me of the holidays.

Overall, I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was really particularly effective. ... and er ... interesting rhythmic devices too which seemed to counterpoint the ... er ... er ... counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the ... er ... humanity ... which contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other, and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into ... into ... er ... Into whatever it was the drawing was about!

crayons2-24.jpg

In other words, reading charts can be a lot like reading Vogon poetry. (apologies to DNA for blatant plagiarism)

HODL and, ... DON'T PANIC!

How desperate do you have to be to make EVs in order for teaming up with Fisker to sound like a good idea?

People are really out there buying Kohl's and selling Tesla. Not sure if that is hilarious or sad.
Sad...very sad :( ... not just retail ... but bad retail ... i guess the hope is Amazon saves them

Yesterdays flash sale was great

Finally got my brother to pull trigger on TSLA after years of trying... he got in at $650 not bad ... but as we all know he is already regretting ( 1 day later) that he did not go for more shares i told him DCA starting last week when ARK was buying but he would not listen ... as we all know $50 per share 5 years from now will seem like noise