Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s safe to say now it has reversed to the correct direction.

Interesting it happened right after the circuit breaker was triggered, probably means even with the bad macros, driving force for downward push was still shorts, not long selling.

RIP for those paper hands with stop losses, that’s what you do when you don’t have any faith in the company and believe it could go belly up without you knowing it. If that’s how you feel about TSLA at this stage, fine, lock in your profits and leave, you are physically not fit for this ride.

Cheers to all who did panic buy on the way down, and hope your furnitures are still fine after vigorous shaking.

Last edited:
It's not about bitcoin, it's about the DTCC and the reduction in settlement time from T+2 days to T+1.

It's the most important change to Clearing House rules contemplated since the reduction in settlement from T+3 to T+2 days back in 1995:

Yeah, bitcoin didn't exist then...

Discussion pretending that the DTCC doesn't need to modernize with blockchain 'proof-of-stake' technology should hereby be moved onto the appropriate AOL chatroom.

:p
I realize I'm about the last person here pushing to have more on-topic posting, but hey....I'm stubborn. The level of discourse here is, or used to be, about the best around on all topics. I don't think it's wrong to care about putting those topics in appropriate places so they can be discussed at length in an orderly, ongoing, and non-repetitive fashion. I don't care about the OT mess in this thread, it's the lost opportunity for proper discussion that annoys me.

The world and TMC are both clearly trending to the Reddit style, and I'm accepting of that. But I'll still put up the occasional protest. :)

Hopefully this is not just me getting/being old. That would be unfortunate.

...Full disclosure (if I haven’t been clear in the past): I believe Lucid is going to amount to a real nothing burger when the history books are updated.

Seems to me Lucid does have a sizable addressable market: Tesla haters. Their marketing is pretty clear: "We're the best luxury EV, because Tesla is not luxury"... which is like saying We're the best golfer because Tiger Woods is not a golfer.

When your staff is disgruntled former Tesla employees, and your financier is a fund that tried and failed to buy Tesla, you have some serious anti-Elon cred. Too bad that's all they will have, when comparing themselves to Tesla technology. To capitalize on their strengths, they should change their corporate logo to this:

elon-musk-smile-celebrity-mask.jpg

... Because the price is slowly creeping,
Upwards even as I was sleeping
And the target that was planted in my brain
Still remains
On track with guidance

In vivid dreams I walked with friends!
Wide roads of milk and honey yes!
'Neath the halo of a solar panel
I turned my vision to the warm and sunny
When my eyes were stabbed by flash of Elons smile
That split the day, and touched the sound of money!

I think it’s safe to say now it has reversed to the correct direction.

Interesting it happened right after the circuit breaker is triggered, probably means even with the bad macros, driving force for downward push was still shorts, not long selling.

RIP for this paper hands with stop losses, that’s what you do when you don’t have any faith in the company and believe it could go belly up without you knowing it. If that’s how you feel about TSLA at this stage, fine, lock in your profits and leave, you are physically not fit for this ride.

Cheers to all who did panic buy on the way down, and hope your furnitures are still fine after vigorous shaking.
I don’t think we have reversed until we hit 800. There is still a downtrend channel.

Agree and the delays at Tesla, by Musk's own admission had them on the edge.

I keep coming back to the idea that Lucid came out last fall and claimed they'd have the longest range EV and how it was so much better than the Model S.... and it was coming out soon! This is the Model S beater that we've been waiting for! Now the Model S has been re-freshed and the Plaid+ is likely to be out at the same time. So they will have similar range, be slower, have less of a charging network, etc. They missed a pretty significant window.

They missed a pretty significant window if they in fact have all the claimed technology and advancements. I highly doubt they do. I see amazing PowerPoints and talk. To me it’s Lucid HOT Air.

Well, the rally was nice while it lasted.

Thanks, poetry. :(

(Vogon poetry is the only exception)
It's a bit predictable there. 740 was a strong resistance and the momentum was simply not enough to push us past it so it went back to 830, now a support. Once we've broken out of 740 we should easily test 750 and so breaking out of 740 would carry some implication. The good news is it only takes 2-3 days of green to take us back to the short term uptrend.

'The postponement followed consultation with Churchill executives who saw a prototype vehicle, Rawlinson said. "They freed me and said get the product right. Don't work to the artificial construct of a specific date,"

Breaking News: CCIV latest news. - The Fly

Rawlinson's explanation is BS. The real reason the Lucid Air is delayed is because every hardware startup's first product is delayed. In my decades working in Silicon Valley I've never seen a hardware startup ship its first product on time. Ever. Or heck even come close to the originally promised ship date. The specific "reason" is irrelevant. Tesla's first product was delayed. Nvidia, Pure Storage, Seamicro, Lucid, doesn't matter, all of them shipped their first product late.

Last edited:
98K Call contracts traded at the $700 strike price today. There were only ~18K open contracts reported at 7 a.m.

Let's visit this again tomorrow morning when we get the next update on open interest (OI) for $700 Calls.
So at 7 a.m. this morning there were 8K open Call contracts at the $700 strike price, which is down from 18K OI yesterday.

So of the 98K contracts traded, there was a net closing of about 10K contracts. Makes sense to cash out given the wide spread to the morning dip.

I think that now that the SP is above that strike price, there shouldn't be much need for MMs to hold the SP at that level or below.

Cheers!

Rawlinson's explanation is BS. The real reason the Lucid Air is delayed is because every hardware startup's first product is delayed. In my decades working in Silicon Valley I've never seen a hardware startup ship its first product on time. Ever. Or heck even come close to the originally promised ship date. The specific "reason" is irrelevant. Tesla's first product was delayed. Apple, Nvidia, Pure Storage, Seamicro, Lucid, doesn't matter, all of them shipped their first product late.

On April 1, 1976, Apple Computer Company was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne.
The Apple I went on sale in July 1976 as an assembled circuit board with a retail price of $666.66.
History of Apple Inc. - Wikipedia.

Don't know about the others, but Apple shipped pretty quickly and on time.